Private images showing up in RSS feed

camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
edited October 21, 2007 in SmugMug Support
When not logged in, I visit my page and look at the most recent photos RSS feed, and I can see images that are placed in a private gallery.

Am I missing a setting somewhere to prevent this?

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Which page, please ear.gif
  • camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    The account is "cheerphoto"

Doing some experimenting, I set all three private galleries to "no" on the google options, and the images are no longer in the feed, so I suspect that the RSS generator is using that as the switch to determine which images to include?
    edited October 21, 2007
    Feeds only work with public galleries, so now that you've enabled security settings on your galleries, let us know if you have the issue again, okay?

wave.gif Chris always nice to hear from you again!
  • camblercambler Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Well, this is curious.

The galleries were marked as private the whole time (they've been private for over a year). But the settings on the goggle discovery options were "yes" as are all of my galleries, as you created that feature and I've not touched it since it was implemented.

This is the feed url I'm looking at: http://www.cheerphoto.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=nicknameRecentPhotos&Data=cheerphoto&format=rss200

What I'm finding is that when I'm either logged in, or have the logged-in cookie set (which is what confused me initially), private images are showing up in the RSS feed. When I'm not logged-in, or clear the cookie, they don't show up.

My first hit to the RSS feed was done directly on a machine that had the cookie set, it would appear.

Is this by design?

Is there a way to not show private images in the RSS feed, even if logged-in? Granted, this only affects me, as I'm the only one who would ever be logged in, but for consistency-sake I would want private images to never show up.

Consider it a VERY low priority request, of course mwink.gif

Oh, and hi :-) ... cheerleading season for 2008 is just getting started, so... so am I!
    edited October 21, 2007
    cambler wrote:
    Well, this is curious.

The galleries were marked as private the whole time (they've been private for over a year). But the settings on the goggle discovery options were "yes" as are all of my galleries, as you created that feature and I've not touched it since it was implemented.

This is the feed url I'm looking at: http://www.cheerphoto.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=nicknameRecentPhotos&Data=cheerphoto&format=rss200

What I'm finding is that when I'm either logged in, or have the logged-in cookie set (which is what confused me initially), private images are showing up in the RSS feed. When I'm not logged-in, or clear the cookie, they don't show up.

My first hit to the RSS feed was done directly on a machine that had the cookie set, it would appear.

Is this by design?
    Yup :) Convenience for you, as logged in owner.

Is there a way to not show private images in the RSS feed, even if logged-in? Granted, this only affects me, as I'm the only one who would ever be logged in, but for consistency-sake I would want private images to never show up.
    I'm pretty sure this can't be done. Sorry about that :(