lps entry question...please see inside

JaravissJaraviss Registered Users Posts: 148 Major grins
edited October 22, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
so i entered my picture of the stairs that i took last week.
i really enjoy the image and was fairly proud of it (for a newbie)
however, i didn't realize there were no frames allowed on the image
(thank you to the member who let me know).
i've since deleted my entry post and was going to repost without the frame..biut since then have taken a few more.

i dont feel that the new ones are "strong" as the orignal..but they may fit the monochromtic feeling better?

can i please have your thoughts/comments on these? :dunno

shot similar to orignal post (just straightened out)
img4096r03hd6.jpg

This was taken from our hotel balcony in Palo Alto, CA
it rained right after this was taken..feel it fits "monochromatic" better than the stairs...but doesn't "grab me" like the stairs.
img410502tl1.jpg

i really *LOVE* this pic..taken yesterday in San Fran....however...i tihnk the foreground is colorful..not sure if the overall image is colorful.
i'm not sure if this is a "been done a million times" type of photo fromthe city...but i really like it.
img437701copyjk6.jpg

composition wise...i feel this is kind of strong...however ... is one color really "colorful" ... i really like the composition...desaturating could turn it monochromatic..but i feel that the shape alone isnt' strong enough as the color and the shape.
img440901bb1.jpg

anyway.....i'm still relatively new to the forum...and extremely new to this area of the forums...so if i'm asking too much, let me know.
i still feel strongly about the stairs....and next in line (for me) is the birds eye view of the city.

i feel the cloudy sky fits the theme the best...but isn't the strongest shot here....conversely..i think the arches are a strong shot...but doesn't fit the theme well.

i need a program that can take all these images and combine them into one super shot that hasn't been or can't be imagined yet.. LOL

thanks for your patience!

-G
equipment:
canon rebel XTi
18-55mm lens
60mm macro lens
75-300mm telephoto lens
canon speelite 580 EXII

Comments

• pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    G,

Good to see you posting. I'm also pretty new to this photography stuff, so take my feedback with a pinch of salt.

The first image is very interesting, but neither monochromatic or colourful - but has potential.

Number 2 has a snapshot feel and camera shake (I think)

Number 3 is interesting, but the sky is very bland and burnt out slightly. try a tighter crop and bringing out some of the colour saturation or vidrance.

Number 4 is also a good shot, and would be perfect with a moon or stars or something in the windows. You could try using a blue hue to get a monochromatic night feel to the image?

IMO I would play around with 1, 3 & 4 and keep shooting as well. Good luck.

Cheers/Peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    I like #3 and would try to bring out a little more color in the sky (but not too much). The hues are subdued and very nice. I would consider playing with crops off the top and/or bottom.

Best of luck!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    I like #3 and would try to bring out a little more color in the sky (but not too much). The hues are subdued and very nice. I would consider playing with crops off the top and/or bottom.

Best of luck!
    Emily

15524779-Ti.gif
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    #3 for me also. Emily's suggestions are right on.