Tanzania Village

Justin StaggeJustin Stagge Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
edited October 24, 2007 in People
A few shots from a weekend I spent working with a church in a village outside of Arusha.

Let me know what you think. Thanksg.jpg

Comments

• Justin StaggeJustin Stagge Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Aged
    edited October 21, 2007
    Aged but Happy
    edited October 21, 2007
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Let me just say I LOVE the first one! Of course I have this soft place in my heart for all things children, but to me this one is fabulous!

Good job on the others too, but the shining eyes of the first shot takes the cake.
    edited October 23, 2007
    Thanks and agreed

ATTACH]21645[/ATTACH]
    He was shy at first but still really like photos being taken.
  • rundadarrundadar Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Justin,
    Justing

I like the #2 in the series, but this one (#1)... well...

The PP on the eyes is quite distracting and completely ruines the otherwise very good shot - the eyes look completely unnatural (as though artificially attached). Also, it seems that you've done some skin softening/smoothing too (which I don't like either). In other words - I frankly don't think the original actually needed any PP at all...

Don't mean to sound harsh - just my honest opinion.

Best regards,

Alex

A few shots from a weekend I spent working with a church in a village outside of Arusha.

Let me know what you think. Thanksg.jpg
    http://rundadar.smugmug.com

"...turtles are great speed enthusiasts, which is natural"

J.Cortazar

edited October 23, 2007
    Thanks, I actually did no extra work to the eyes(alot of the people the had a difintince in some nutriation/things in the water that made a glaze on their eyes, making them like mirror pretty much especially the kids but sadly causes them to go blind at a later age. I only adjusted levels, and selective colors.

I did do some skin softening, but only on the last profile in B&W, because the lighting situation was so harsh.
    rundadar wrote:
    Justing

I like the #2 in the series, but this one (#1)... well...

The PP on the eyes is quite distracting and completely ruines the otherwise very good shot - the eyes look completely unnatural (as though artificially attached). Also, it seems that you've done some skin softening/smoothing too (which I don't like either). In other words - I frankly don't think the original actually needed any PP at all...

Don't mean to sound harsh - just my honest opinion.

Best regards,

Alex
  • JenGraceJenGrace Registered Users Posts: 1,229 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    It looks like you had a really good relationship with your subjects. Very nice portraits. :):
    Jen

Gallery of mine...caution, it's under CONSTANT construction! | Photo Journal

In the right light, at the right time, everything is extraordinary. ~Aaron Rose
    edited October 24, 2007
    Thanks
    I did they were pretty much with us the whole weekend there.. It was hard to leave, because we all got so close throughout the weekend.
    JenW wrote:
    It looks like you had a really good relationship with your subjects. Very nice portraits. :):