Some bug I saw

Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
edited October 22, 2007 in Holy Macro
I was at Travel town, shooting old trains with a new macro and by chance saw this little guy in the flower. It was very patient with me as I got really close to this guy. You can see him looking up and probably staring at his reflection.

It was in the shadow, so I had to crank up the ISO to get enough dof and shutter speed, so that makes for some noise.

I'm not really into real macro shooting, but thought I'd share.
211042839-M.jpg

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Tee Why wrote:
    I was at Travel town, shooting old trains with a new macro and by chance saw this little guy in the flower. It was very patient with me as I got really close to this guy. You can see him looking up and probably staring at his reflection.

It was in the shadow, so I had to crank up the ISO to get enough dof and shutter speed, so that makes for some noise.

I'm not really into real macro shooting, but thought I'd share.

Bugs are quite often in very awkward positions where if you disturb them,
    forget about the shot they take off.

It picked a very pretty coloured flower to rest by.

Hope you get a chance to do more :D .... Skippy
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Thanks,
    I got a few more shots but I thought this was the best. Macro work out side with the wind is tough as the flower is being moved by the wind constantly, while you are about an inch from the subject.
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Good shot- a baby cricket (katydid) I think - don't think it's worked out camouflage yet :)
    Brian V.