Loch Lomond Landscape

OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
edited October 22, 2007 in Landscapes
Hi all,

Would value some C&C on the following image, "Beinn Chaorach, Beinn Eich and Beinn Ruisg from the east shore of Loch Lomond." which I'm hoping will sell as a 30-40" print (on mounted canvas maybe, or Fotoflot :dunno ).

211086810-L.jpg

Close-up of the centre, 50% crop.
211135129-L.jpg

Cheers.

Comments

• rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2007
    Nice, I grew up listening to the Loch Lomand song, and I've never actually see any shots of it. I like it!

Two comments... It looks like the shoreline is slightly tilted, and it looks a little dark to me. But, I can only see the small version and my monitor isn't calibrated, so take that for what it's worth:D
  • OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    rustic wrote:
    Nice, I grew up listening to the Loch Lomand song, and I've never actually see any shots of it. I like it!

Two comments... It looks like the shoreline is slightly tilted, and it looks a little dark to me. But, I can only see the small version and my monitor isn't calibrated, so take that for what it's worth:D

Thanks Rustic... now I can't get the damned tune out of my head eek7.gif:D

I've rotated the image a small amount to balance it up a bit.

211412936-L.jpg
    The shoreline is quite dark, unfortunately.. there was some more detail in the RAW file, but it was noisy and after de-noising I decided to try to focus the viewer onto the summits. I can still see some shoreline detail, but I don't have a calibrated screen either. Here is a 100% crop.

211412726-L.jpg

On my monitor, I can see the rivulete marked A quite clearly. I can also see the upper right corner of a field at B. Area C is very slightly red /brown and D very slightly green (when I say slightly, I mean almost imperceptably).

Can anyone comment on how this looks on a calibrated display?

EDITED POST -

Tried Capture One 4 Beta to see if I could get cleaner shadow detail from the RAW file than ACR, and I did! clap.gif

Latest...

211464421-L.jpg

Some 50% crops...

211464450-L.jpg

211464477-L.jpg

211464464-L.jpg

On the 3rd image, I can just make out the branches against the dark background, and can also just make out the boat house in the right-hand third.

Anyone with a calibrated display make out any details?

Again, any other C&C welcome.

Cheers.
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    I can see details in the bottom shot. But I don't find the shot overall that interesting. Could just be me.
  • OsirisPhotoOsirisPhoto Registered Users Posts: 367 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    CatOne wrote:
    I can see details in the bottom shot. But I don't find the shot overall that interesting. Could just be me.

Thanks for the feedback CatOne. I guess it is more amateur 'chocolate box' than wow :D All part of the learning process thumb.gif