Options

New glitch with CS2

kazuri imageskazuri images Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
edited October 22, 2007 in Finishing School
All of a sudden, my photos are uploading as 72 dpi. It happened to photos in the middle of a shoot and has been that way with every upload since. I use CS2 and Adobe bridge. No settings have changed on my Canon 5D and it's starting to annoy me. Is there a preference or setting to change in photoshop, or... any ideas?

Darci

Comments

• Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    As long as all the dots are there, the DPI is meaningless, really. 72, 240, 300, it just says how the dots are spread out, but really has no bearing on the image itself.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited October 22, 2007
    Darci,

As David says, you probably don't need to worry about it. The pixels are the the only thing that matters. When it is time to print something, then you do have to make sure that the print process uses the resolution you want.

There is a setting in Edit->Preferences->Units & Rulers for new document preset screen and print resolutions. I'm not sure these affect uploaded files, but you might want to set them appropriately. If I recall correctly, the rulers around the pics did not show the correct scale till I adjusted them for my hi-res screen.

Regards,
  • Options
    kazuri imageskazuri images Registered Users Posts: 69 Big grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Thank you both... it's a curious thing - the photos themselves look great, but i didn't want to have to go through and change them all. The pixel data looks the same as they are coming in so I won't worry about it. The photographer I shot for in this particular case was all up in arms about not being able to print at that resolution, and then I noticed that they all were suddenly coming in like that at upload. I don't need any extra steps!
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Darci,

As David says, you probably don't need to worry about it. The pixels are the the only thing that matters. When it is time to print something, then you do have to make sure that the print process uses the resolution you want.

There is a setting in Edit->Preferences->Units & Rulers for new document preset screen and print resolutions. I'm not sure these affect uploaded files, but you might want to set them appropriately. If I recall correctly, the rulers around the pics did not show the correct scale till I adjusted them for my hi-res screen.

Regards,