*** Flea Market Guidelines - PLEASE READ! ***
Flea Market Guidelines:
Last updated: 9 June 2011, by DoctorIt
Last updated: 9 June 2011, by DoctorIt
- The Dgrin Flea Market is open to anyone! You can browse all you want, to make posts, all you have to do is become a Dgrin member, which is free!
- The flea market is open to all photographic equipment and "peripherals" and also (new for Feb 2009) photographic services. We have 5 sub-forums to make this easier:
House of Canon - all Canon cameras, lenses, speedlites
Nikon Land - same as above, but for Nikon/Nikon-compatible gear
The Other Guys - all other cameras/lenses (Olympus, Sony, etc)
The Kitchen Sink - everything else, computers, memory, lighting, bags, your cat... (no, please not the cat!)
For Hire - Offering or looking for photo services? (photography, design, editing...)
- In the main forum, some highlights:
* The Positive Feedback thread - share the love, leave a good note for others.
* Three special DEAL threads - to minimize clutter, there are memory, hardware, and B&H threads going. Please post to them instead of starting a new thread. Let's keep the focus of this forum on peer-2-peer swapping.
* A Pay-it-Forward thread - Put free (or at most for the cost of shipping) stuff in here. I think we can expand the photographic equipment a little bit here, maybe DVD players, laser pointers... but still no cats!
* A suggestions for good trading practices discussion thread. Have you bought and sold a lot on the web? Help new people out!
- Thread prefixes. We have now added a field for thread prefixes:
These prefixes are intended to signal peer to peer buying/selling/trading of equipment - and by adding the field, you are now able to search and sort threads!
FS = for sale *Here's a template suggestion
WTB = want to buy
In the For Hire sub-forum (good idea to list location in these):
FH = for hire
WTH = want to hire
- Listing a price or what you want to pay is strongly encouraged. Try to emphasize the selling price, offer some general info, and whether shipping fees are included.
- Please be aware: It is a violation of your PayPal user agreement to impose a surcharge (Section 4.5). Price your items accordingly, offer options if desired. That is all DGrin has to say on the matter.
- Using PayPal Gift: this is out of Dgrin's hands, it is up to the buyer and seller to agree on payment terms privately. See community driven discussion on this issue.
- When you have sold or found an item, please send the moderator (me) a PM so that I can edit the thread prefix to read SOLD/FOUND. At this point, users cannot edit thread titles, only individual post titles. Alternately, put a new reply in your thread that says "sold" - it'll get bumped, I'll see it right away, and edit the title.
- We do not delete threads, they are very useful for price and product research for other dgrinners - do them a favor and leave the sale info in your original post.
- "Feelers": if you need to ask... The general opinion: they are time wasters in an open market. If all you want is to discuss fair market prices on particular gear, go to the gear forum.
- If you are new to Dgrin, posting some photos with the item (even if obvious) as well as a reference to previous trading on ebay or another trading forum is encouraged.
- Linking to ebay auctions is OK, but only after a FS listing has not sold successfully.
- This isn't one of those other sites, so posting to threads is encouraged - common courtesy applies. If you have suggestions for helping the seller, by all means, post it, but try to keep blunt advice such as price policing discreet (PM's are good).
- That being said: don't be the price police! If you don't like the price, move along. Simple. The moderators are here to take care of obvious scams/ripoffs, and no one is going to give you a gold star for publicly chastising a seller who didn't know that a particular item sold for $20 less at Store X last week with 3 combo coupons. An ad with zero responses will make a seller re-think the price on his/her own terms.
- We never accept advertisements, but we occasionally get requests from vendors that are not completely objectionable, and we would like to accommodate. If you are selling gear for-profit, you are a Vendor...
VENDOR = advertising to dgrin members with a commercial service or selling/reselling gear at a profit
* All vendors are asked to please contact the moderator before posting. Non-approved vendors will be considered spam and run the risk of being deleted. Also note, a sent PM does not automatically mean you are approved.
- Disputes: Dgrin and SmugMug take no responsibility for any transactions that occur via this flea market. All transactions are entirely between the buying and selling parties and in the case of a dispute, should be resolved in private. Any posts containing negative comments or accusations regarding a disputed transaction will be deleted without notice. Dgrin will not mediate disputes. However, if you suspect a malicious or fraudulent buyer/seller, please report this to the moderator or any Dgrin admin.
This discussion has been closed.