Arrange photos in journal mode

SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
edited November 1, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I haev a few galleries that are forced to view as journal mode.

Currently when I u/l a new photo. It ends up at the end. So I have to go to customize the gallery. Set the style to SmugMug or veiwer picked. Then go back to the gallery. Arrange my photos so the one I just entered is on "top" then go back and set the forces view style to journal..

Any ideas on how to make this easier? It's a hassle and I'm starting to put more and moreimages in this journal page.

-Jon

Comments

• BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    In customize gallery you can set the sort order. You probably want to sort by Date Uploaded in Descending direction.
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    BeachBill wrote:
    In customize gallery you can set the sort order. You probably want to sort by Date Uploaded in Descending direction.
    Thanks Bill!

Will this override and move the existing photos as well?

Cheers,
    -Jon
  • dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    I haev a few galleries that are forced to view as journal mode.

Currently when I u/l a new photo. It ends up at the end. So I have to go to customize the gallery. Set the style to SmugMug or veiwer picked. Then go back to the gallery. Arrange my photos so the one I just entered is on "top" then go back and set the forces view style to journal..

Any ideas on how to make this easier? It's a hassle and I'm starting to put more and moreimages in this journal page.

-Jon
    If you have a Power account, Here is a customization that I use (I can't take the credit for it though) that puts a "Photo tools" drop down under each picture while in Journal mode...(while logged in of course)... this simplifies managing your gallery.

This goes in the Javascript customization box....
    // add tools menu dropdown under each pic in Journal syle
    function addPhotoTools() {
      if (!YD.hasClass(document.body,'loggedIn'))
        return;

if (!YD.hasClass(document.body,'traditional') && !YD.hasClass(document.body,'allthumbs') && !YD.hasClass(document.body,'journal'))
      return;

re = /photos\/(\d+)/;
      oPhotos = YD.getElementsByClassName('photo', 'div');

for (i=0; i < oPhotos.length;i++) {
        re.exec(oPhotos[i].innerHTML);
    oID = RegExp.$1;
        oEl = document.createElement('div');
    oEl.innerHTML = "<form method=\"get\" name=\"image_tools"+ oID +"\" action=\"/photos/tools.mg\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"ImageID\" value=\""+ oID +"\"><input type=\"hidden\" name=\"Type\" value=\"Album\"><select name=\"tool\" onChange=\"document.image_tools" + oID + ".submit();\"><option value=\"\">&lt; photo tools &gt;</option><option>-----------------------</option><option value=\"rotatebulk\">Rotate Photos</option><option value=\"newcrop\">Crop Photo</option><option value=\"newthumb\">Zoom Thumbnail</option>option value=\"color\">Color Effects</option><option value=\"colorbulk\">Color Effects (Bulk)</option><option>-----------------------</option><option value=\"highlight\">Feature Photo</option><option value=\"unhighlight\">Remove Featured Photo</option><option value=\"thisisme\">This Is Me! (Bio Photo)</option><option>-----------------------</option><option value=\"caption\">Edit this Caption/Keywords</option><option value=\"bulkcaption\">Edit Captions/Keywords (Bulk)</option><option>-----------------------</option><option value=\"coordinates\">Edit Geography</option><option>-----------------------</option><option value=\"sort\">Sort Gallery</option><option value=\"move\">Arrange this Photo</option><option value=\"dragndrop\">Drag &amp; Drop Photos</option><option value=\"newnewbulkmove\">Arrange Photos</option><option value=\"bulkmove\">Arrange Photos (Expert)</option><option value=\"splitbulk\">Move Photos</option><option value=\"bulkmovegallery\">Move Photos (Expert)</option><option>-----------------------</option><option value=\"makecopy\">Make 2nd Copy</option><option value=\"replace\">Replace Photo</option><option value=\"delete\">Delete this Photo</option><option value=\"newbulkdelete\">Delete Photos (Bulk)</option></select></form>";
        oPhotos[i].appendChild(oEl);
      }
    }
    YE.addListener(window, "load", addPhotoTools); 

• BeachBillBeachBill Registered Users Posts: 1,311 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    SloYerRoll wrote:
    Will this override and move the existing photos as well?

I believe it will put all photos in the gallery in descending date uploaded order. If you want the photos in a specific order that doesn't correspond with a date, then you would probably need to use "sort by position".
    Bill Gerrard Photography - Facebook - Interview - SmugRoom: Useful Tools for SmugMug
  • SloYerRollSloYerRoll Registered Users Posts: 2,788 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2007
    dmc wrote:
    "Photo tools" drop down under each picture while in Journal mode...(while logged in of course)... this simplifies managing your gallery.
    DUDE!
    Thanks so much for that. THis is a much better solution.

Bill, you answered the question I had. I just didn't imagine that was possible so I didn't ask.

Warm regards to all,
    -Jon