edited October 22, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Help me pick? Any feedback appreciated!
211585132-M.jpg

211660895-M.jpg

211661257-M.jpg
heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
facebook
photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.

Which entry? 19 votes

Butterfly
10% 2 votes
Flower
10% 2 votes
Red
52% 10 votes
Keep trying
26% 5 votes

Comments

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    I like the red and the flower one, but the flower needs some PP, brighten it up a bit boost the colors maybe
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • quarkquark Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    Thanks. The red one worries me, it feels like the leaves have been a bit overdone already.
    heather dillon photography - Pacific Northwest Portraits and Places
    facebook
    photoblog

Quarks are one of the two basic constituents of matter in the Standard Model of particle physics.
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    IMO and for what its worth, I like the purple flower, but wish the tips weren't cut off, unless you recrop and cut down the tips on the upper part for balance, I would add some pop to the colors here also, and perhaps bring out more of the yellow on the bud...

Like the butterfly, but wish both wings were in focus. and the colors had a bit more pop

Nice job
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2007
    You got good technique. Since you got that down your next step is to find a more interesting subject. Go out and shoot the unexpected. =c)

Just as an aside, one of my personal favorite shots of mine is a photo of a lock in an abandoned building.
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section