Nature Trail

DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
edited October 28, 2007 in People
A few shots of my oldest daughter on the nature trail by our home. Does the hot spot on the faces of the first two pictures and the grain on the last picture ruin them? C&C welcome.

211723864-L-1.jpg

211720173-L.jpg

211722871-L.jpg

211721036-L.jpg

211753593-L-0.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Comments

• SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 27, 2007
    boy, you're shooting in difficult light-

I like the last one very much due to it being a close shot and she's got such a natural smile and it's a neat pose-

I'm not really bothered by any noise or grain in the pic-

of course, that shouldn't surprise anyone-
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    She is a beauty. Love #4.

Virginia

Oops. Meant #5 (though #4 is nice too!)

Email
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    My fav is #5. I like the movement with the hair across her face.

I am not an expert at color at all, but I think the colors could pop a little more in all the pictures.

Enjoyed looking. :D
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    Thanks for the comments George, Virginia and Nicole. The silence was deafening after this post. It really made me think about lighting though, which was pretty bad in most of these. I listened to a recording by Vincent Versace the other day. He essentially said that he treats light as if it were a solid object that is more important than the subject itself.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    David this is the first time I've seen this thread, so it probably just slipped down the ranks...now it's bumped up again! :D The tough lighting doesn't bother me too much in the first shot, but is most noticeable in the 2nd. My favorite shot is #5 and the grain doesn't bother me at all there. I also like #4 alot. Beautiful little girl! What Vincent said makes sense.......get the right lighting and anything can look beautiful! He's a great photog....I went to a couple of printing seminars where he was the main speaker. Neat guy.
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    David this is the first time I've seen this thread, so it probably just slipped down the ranks...now it's bumped up again! :D The tough lighting doesn't bother me too much in the first shot, but is most noticeable in the 2nd. My favorite shot is #5 and the grain doesn't bother me at all there. I also like #4 alot. Beautiful little girl! What Vincent said makes sense.......get the right lighting and anything can look beautiful! He's a great photog....I went to a couple of printing seminars where he was the main speaker. Neat guy.

Thanks Saurora for all the feedback.

You must have picked up alot from Vincent. He has a way of putting things you have heard a number of times before, that really drives them home in a profound way.