First attempt ever . . . EVER

Izzy GaravitoIzzy Garavito Registered Users Posts: 228 Major grins
edited October 23, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Please let me know what you think. I was messing around with DOF the whole time we were out, mainly studying how to get a nice, blurred background while keeping a good focus on the subject. Any comments on how to better the composition/contrast/focus/whatever are very welcome.

Cotton_______ish_by_IzzyGaravito.jpg

This dude was sleeping on a bench. He seemed to have had a pretty rough existence (he was rather old), and the pic captured it pretty well.

Hard_Life_by_IzzyGaravito.jpg

Indignation_by_IzzyGaravito.jpg

prelim_by_IzzyGaravito.jpg

Undecided_by_IzzyGaravito.jpg

Don__t_touch_me_by_IzzyGaravito.jpg

Contrast_by_IzzyGaravito.jpg

Comments

• pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    I like #2 & #6.

#2 - is interesting but is missing the "roughness" that you spoke about to make it really interesting, it looks more like someone sleeping on a bench

#6 has some potential also but I would crop it much tighter around the plant - which looks really interesting - just be careful of the white blowing out.

Good luck.
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    I quite like 4, 5 & 6, but I think #4 is my favorite.

Best of luck!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    I like number 4, with a touch more color and contrast to it to make it Pop and Percolate!! I would lower the white point and add some black point to this...

Like number 1, and I would hit this with w/b threshold and then do a levels on this (experiment)...the very stark white on right just draws my eye away from your subject.

Like number 7, but in my minds eye, it needs some cleaning up. Anyway to reshoot so that the silohuette of the camera is not touching the wide pole?

Good luck and Welcome
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote