fall in my backyard

ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
edited October 23, 2007 in Landscapes
I've been learning about RAW this week and trying my hand at shooting and processing some shots. Here's one from my backyard this morning...

212026827-XL-1.jpg

I was after a kinda soft, painterly look.

C&C appreciated!
Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography

Comments

• TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Elaine wrote:
    I've been learning about RAW this week and trying my hand at shooting and processing some shots. Here's one from my backyard this morning...

C&C appreciated!

I would say that you pulled it off nicely! Lovely shot. I called my sister up in Lynchburg to inquire on the trees because I was thinking of making the trek up there this weekend. She said there is no color. The drought has caused all of the leaves to shrivel and fall without turning :cry I guess that i have to wait for next year.
  • drdanedrdane Registered Users Posts: 383 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Elaine wrote:

C&C appreciated!

Hi, Elaine

Nice job for early in your raw conversion career!clap.gif I really like the composition and color (not to mention your yard:D). Where are you in OR, BTW? I would guess the Willamette valley, or close.

Several leaves and a small patch of grass appear to be overexposed, which detracts from the image somewhat (for me), and perhaps conflicts with the soft feel a bit.

I could offer some PS hints for avoiding this if you would like. If so, please tell me which version of PS you are using.

Again, nice image - you might consider entering it in the LPS 15 round if you haven't entered one yet.

Blessings,
    Dane
    Dr Dane :rofl
    Celebrating the essence of Nature, the Human Spirit, and the Divine Presence in all
    http://www.drdane.smugmug.com or:
    http://www.inner-light-images.com

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2007
    Elaine, you're doing great!

I think the best way to bring out the autumn colors is to have them backlit with the sun, which you've done really well. Great Muench star, too! thumb.gif