Keyword gallery problem

DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
edited October 24, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I take lots of Little League photos and I toss them into a single gallery. Then I use keyword hyperlinks to let people see all the photos of the team they are interested in. Everything works great, except -

Keyworded galleries don't sort in a useful way.
They seem to sort by "reverse order of date uploaded", which I can't imagine would be many people's first choice. I do bulk uploads; often the upload order is not "time taken" sequential.

I am unable to find a way to change the sort order of a keyworded gallery.

This is maddening! I take a burst sequence of a kid's pitching motion and when they go look at it the pictures are not in order - even if I am lucky and they happen to upload in order they still display in backwards order.

I know I've mentioned this before, but to my memory I never received a real answer on this. Is it possible to re-sort a keyworded gallery?

I don't care if it's a javascript hack, or an html hack or if I have to spin around 3 times - I'll do it, just tell me how!

Whew - I feel better now...:D

Comments

• dmcdmc Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    I take lots of Little League photos and I toss them into a single gallery. Then I use keyword hyperlinks to let people see all the photos of the team they are interested in. Everything works great, except -

Keyworded galleries don't sort in a useful way.
    They seem to sort by "reverse order of date uploaded", which I can't imagine would be many people's first choice. I do bulk uploads; often the upload order is not "time taken" sequential.

I am unable to find a way to change the sort order of a keyworded gallery.

This is maddening! I take a burst sequence of a kid's pitching motion and when they go look at it the pictures are not in order - even if I am lucky and they happen to upload in order they still display in backwards order.

I know I've mentioned this before, but to my memory I never received a real answer on this. Is it possible to re-sort a keyworded gallery?

I don't care if it's a javascript hack, or an html hack or if I have to spin around 3 times - I'll do it, just tell me how!

Whew - I feel better now...:D

I have "keyword galleries" on my site (customization hack) but there is no way to control the sort of the results returned by a keyword url. It does appear to me that the most recently uploaded pics do display first. but within a single upload, the pics are processed in parallel and such you can't' rely on the pics being in exact filename/date_taken order.

I'm looking forward to "virtual galleries" where we should have control of this as if it were a real gallery...