Options

Problems uploading with Picasa Uploader??

GourdfatherGourdfather Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
Hello, Newbie here....(pls save the applause
til the end of this question ;D

Has anyone had problems uploading greater than 100 photos from Picasa using the SmugMug Picasa uploader?? It appears to go just fine (100+ photos, 2.3MB each, for an hour and a half!!) and I get the "Sucess" screen, but it says, "All 0 of your photos, totalling 0MB were uploaded."

When I check the upload log, there are NO errors, and of course, no photos uploaded.

I'm using Firefox (I also tried IE7, same results), WXP, yadda, yadda.....

If I try 40 or 50 photos, it works just fine.....

Has anyone seen this, or know of a problem??

TIA,

John

Comments

• Options
    edited October 23, 2007
    Never mind, I just found the "Picasa can't load more than 50 images" thread
    Never mind, I just found the "Picasa can't load more than 50 images" thread...

John

Hello, Newbie here....(pls save the applause
    til the end of this question ;D

Has anyone had problems uploading greater than 100 photos from Picasa using the SmugMug Picasa uploader?? It appears to go just fine (100+ photos, 2.3MB each, for an hour and a half!!) and I get the "Sucess" screen, but it says, "All 0 of your photos, totalling 0MB were uploaded."

When I check the upload log, there are NO errors, and of course, no photos uploaded.

I'm using Firefox (I also tried IE7, same results), WXP, yadda, yadda.....

If I try 40 or 50 photos, it works just fine.....

Has anyone seen this, or know of a problem??

TIA,

John
  • Options
    mjohnsonperlmjohnsonperl Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    I've run into problems with other uploaders getting a large quantity of images uploaded. I found SmugMugUploader to be a reliable uploader.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=55173
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=186620

I found a bug in it this summer having to do with having custom sub categories without any albums or something. I patched my own copy and sent the code changes to the developer, and it looks like he's made a new build, so I would expect it to have the fix now.

In one case I had 900 images I uploaded consisting of around 3Gb. My connection is about 800Kbit/s on my upstream, and it chugged all night long and got them all uploaded just fine. If it gets an error uploading it indicates the errored image, and keeps going, so if there are problems you can pick out the exceptions, remove thema nd re-add them.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2007
    Haven't tried the SmugMug Uploader yet...
    Thanks, I was having problems with the Picasa SmugMug Uploader Add-on. I haven't tried the SmugMug Uploader yet, I'll have to take a look!!

jks
    I've run into problems with other uploaders getting a large quantity of images uploaded. I found SmugMugUploader to be a reliable uploader.

http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=55173
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=186620

I found a bug in it this summer having to do with having custom sub categories without any albums or something. I patched my own copy and sent the code changes to the developer, and it looks like he's made a new build, so I would expect it to have the fix now.

In one case I had 900 images I uploaded consisting of around 3Gb. My connection is about 800Kbit/s on my upstream, and it chugged all night long and got them all uploaded just fine. If it gets an error uploading it indicates the errored image, and keeps going, so if there are problems you can pick out the exceptions, remove thema nd re-add them.
  • Options
    RichardJohnRichardJohn Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry about this issue, it's due to a limitation on my current hosting. I'm working on getting it fixed ASAP!
    For info purposes, the maximum upload currently allowed is 190MB.
    Again, sorry for the inconvenience!
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2007
    Thanks for the update, no problem now that I know (except I've had the help folks at SmugMug tearing their hair out trying to figure what was going on ;D

I'll just cut down my uploads til it's fixed.

jks
    Hi everyone,
    Sorry about this issue, it's due to a limitation on my current hosting. I'm working on getting it fixed ASAP!
    For info purposes, the maximum upload currently allowed is 190MB.
    Again, sorry for the inconvenience!