Fire in the sky

AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
edited October 24, 2007 in Landscapes
Ironic that out of the horror that is the wildfires spreading through southern California comes such beauty. The entire Los Angeles basin was awash in a soft golden light most of the day yesterday thanks to all the smoke and ash in the sky buffeting the sunlight. Then, around 17:45 the sky looked like this:

212352089-L.jpg

Comments

• jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Wow, what a great looking sky. Just a shame that it takes a disaster to get it. My thoughts are with everyone out there in the area of the fires.

Regards,
    James
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    That certainly does not look like a peaceful vista. rolleyes1.gif
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 24, 2007
    seeing it in person it resembled something out of a sci-fi movie. eek7.gif
  • ChrisJChrisJ Registered Users Posts: 2,164 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    It's been eerie just walking around at UCLA today/yesterday.... nice shot, Angelo.
    Chris
  • AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 24, 2007
    ChrisJ wrote:
    It's been eerie just walking around at UCLA today/yesterday.... nice shot, Angelo.

same in Culver City... thanks Chris
  • coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    Ironic that out of the horror that is the wildfires spreading through southern California comes such beauty.

The first thing that struck me about the first wildfire I got action on was the sheer beauty of it. It's absolutely amazing to walk through a forest shortly after the main fire has gone through, when everything is still smoldering, and the smoke makes the shadows of the trees three dimensional, and tints everything gold. Seems like everything about it is beautiful. It's really a shame to me that we have to interfere at all, instead of sitting by and watching, but hey, properties and lives must be protected. :D

Oh yeah, and it's extremely dangerous, so don't go walking around in forest fires just because I said it's completely awesome. rolleyes1.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Angelo wrote:
    seeing it in person it resembled something out of a sci-fi movie. eek7.gif

Sunset on Mars, maybe ...
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac