Spider Shots

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited October 25, 2007 in Holy Macro
I took these spider shots yesterday using Brian's technique. Not so cute. I would have taken more but I don't think it liked the camera.:D

Bob

212390305-M.jpg

I am having problems sending more than one photo. I cannot get the cursor to drop to send the second photo. I apologise for sending the same one twice.
Bob

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    I took these spider shots yesterday using Brian's technique. Not so cute. I would have taken more but I don't think it liked the camera.:D

Bob

I am having problems sending more than one photo. I cannot get the cursor to drop to send the second photo. I apologise for sending the same one twice.
    Bob

Nice one BOb- a male house spider (Tegenaria sp.) I think. Suspect the image might look better with a bit of darkening.
    Brian V.
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Nice one BOb- a male house spider (Tegenaria sp.) I think. Suspect the image might look better with a bit of darkening.
    Brian V.

Thanks Brian I take note and I am still trying all the techniques you have shown me. I am struggling at the moment to find something to shoot at. I have searchedb the garden and I am struggling. I will keep searching and thanks again for all your sound help.

Bob
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    canon400d wrote:

Bob

Bob

Bob check out this link about how to post images on Smugmug.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=62913

Hopefully it will help you, if you still have trouble posting more than one image let me know and I will try and help you out thumb.gif

.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited October 24, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    Bob check out this link about how to post images on Smugmug.
    http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=62913

Hopefully it will help you, if you still have trouble posting more than one image let me know and I will try and help you out thumb.gif

.... Skippy :D
    Yeah Skippy I know what to do but it will not work. After I have posted one image and then I try to get the curser to go down a couple of steps. It will not work. It used to work fine and I just don't know what to do. It is so damned frustrating. I have tried it so many times and just cannot get it to go down pressing the Enter Key.
    Cheers my dear
    Bob
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,934 moderator
    edited October 25, 2007
    Are you saying that you have a line that looks like this:

[noparse]spider.jpg[/noparse]

And you got there by usng the "insert image" icon? If so, it's easy. Click at the
    end of the line and hit "Enter". That moves the cursor to the next line.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Nice spider shot Bob....I am finding it extremely difficult to find any bugs in the garden now its getting really cold here...guess it will be back to buying flowers again to shoot!!!

I hope you are prepared to be totally addicted to Macro photogaphy!!rolleyes1.gif

Patricia.........
    edited October 25, 2007
    ian408 wrote:

And you got there by usng the "insert image" icon? If so, it's easy. Click at the

Yes that is correct Ian. I have been able to do it in the past and I go to the end and click Enter but it does not go down to leave a space for the next picture.
    Thanks Ian
    Bob
    edited October 25, 2007
    Nice spider shot Bob....I am finding it extremely difficult to find any bugs in the garden now its getting really cold here...guess it will be back to buying flowers again to shoot!!!

I hope you are prepared to be totally addicted to Macro photogaphy!!rolleyes1.gif

Patricia.........

Hi Patricia,
    Yes I am totally addicted to Macrophotography now that Brian has told me the settings to use in Manual mode and the technique to use. I suppose living in Scotland I will be like you too buying flowers to shoot at.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    Yes that is correct Ian. I have been able to do it in the past and I go to the end and click Enter but it does not go down to leave a space for the next picture.
    Thanks Ian
    Bob

I'm going to guess that it is leaving a space. And that you can't see it. You have two scroll bars on that page. One to the right of the box you're typing in. And one to the right of your entire web page.

Trying scrolling both of those until you see the bottom of the box you're typing in.

I think you may see the space you've created.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    edited October 26, 2007
    ian408 wrote:

No Ian after I paste my URL I get a picture of the image I am sending and I go to the bottom of that image and try to get the curser to go down but when I click on Enter it does not go down and I see I have submitted the image to the forum again. I used to post images by using the URL line you have shown but I cannot do that either now.
    Cheers
    Bob
    edited October 26, 2007
    wxwax wrote:
    I'm going to guess that it is leaving a space. And that you can't see it. You have two scroll bars on that page. One to the right of the box you're typing in. And one to the right of your entire web page.

Trying scrolling both of those until you see the bottom of the box you're typing in.

Thanks a lot I will go and try that out and I will try and post another couple of images on Holy Macro.

Bob
    edited October 26, 2007
    wxwax wrote:

I have tried that Sid, and when I scroll both bars to the bottom it only takes the picture to the bottom and no space has been created. The moment I hit ENTER it is the same as hitting 'Submit Reply' My image has been posted to the Forum.
    Thanks Sid
    Bob