edited October 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Thoughts?

212555952-L.jpg

Thanks for the comments

Joe

Comments

• MarkToddMarkTodd Registered Users Posts: 143 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Cool idea and now I want chocolate! The glare from the light on the front of the glass really attracted my eye. I wonder if you could reshoot and reposition the light?
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Great idea, nice and colorful but I agree about the glare on the glass.

Just my 2 cents for what it's worth.:D

Peace, gail
  • HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Nice shot..
    But I agree about the light....
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Cool idea! Cool composition! Get the glare outa' there!
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • imaximax Registered Users Posts: 691 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Thanks everyone, the glare is there I agree but not bad for what I was trying to do oin limited time. I will redo them on Friday using several other ideas as well. Will see what happens. THanks again

Joe
  • HarleyPugsHarleyPugs Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Make a quick and dirty light box....
    Foam board and velum (sp) from Micheal's does the trick. Get a couple cheapy halogen work lights and Bob is your uncle.

Cut the foam board and tape the velum sheet over the cut outs. Makes for nice diffused lighting.

Jon
  • RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Cool idea! For me, the glare makes it difficult to concentrate on the color part of the photo.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]
  • kenlynekenlyne Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    HarleyPugs wrote:
    Foam board and velum (sp) from Micheal's does the trick. Get a couple cheapy halogen work lights and Bob is your uncle.

Cut the foam board and tape the velum sheet over the cut outs. Makes for nice diffused lighting.

Jon

Cool! Thank you for the helpful tip--I'm going to have to go shopping thumb.gif
  • kenlynekenlyne Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    imax wrote:
    Thoughts?

212555952-L.jpg

Thanks for the comments

Joe

Definitely a COOL shot--LIKE it!! Agree with the less glare on the glass comments. Where are the M&M's by the way so I can have a chocolate fix--oh that's right, we don't have any!! rolleyes1.gif Good advertisement for M&M's!! thumb.gif
  • noniknamnoniknam Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    YUMM - makes me want to have some... oh right... i just finished a bag! But they were all pink. mwink.gif

I really love the shot - also agree about the glare on the glass though.
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    HarleyPugs wrote:

Jon

Cool Jon,

another hint, I use white broadcloth also, and if I'm going for color I buy the broadcloth in color...it is a GREAT diffuser.

Nice shot IMAX...but I agree about the glare
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
    edited October 27, 2007
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts.
    Here is a redo I did today.

213632487-L.jpg

I love Halloween.......................

Joe
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    Oooohhh, that is evil. M&Ms and candy corn and those little Hershey thingies!

I love this shot. It looks just a tad dark on my screen and I personally would like to see just a little more detail of the container contents, which brightening might reveal. I like the pumpkin for balance and color and I love the concept.

Virginia

P.S. The brown candy (an M&M I'm guessing) in the air on the left side of the photo looks at first like a little bright spot. If you brighten the photo overall, it may show itself. Otherwise, you might want to dodge the piece of candy. I'd hate to lose it but the bright spot, without more, is distracting to the eye.

Email
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    Flyinggina wrote:
    Oooohhh, that is evil. M&Ms and candy corn and those little Hershey thingies!

I love this shot. It looks just a tad dark on my screen and I personally would like to see just a little more detail of the container contents, which brightening might reveal. I like the pumpkin for balance and color and I love the concept.

Virginia

P.S. The brown candy (an M&M I'm guessing) in the air on the left side of the photo looks at first like a little bright spot. If you brighten the photo overall, it may show itself. Otherwise, you might want to dodge the piece of candy. I'd hate to lose it but the bright spot, without more, is distracting to the eye.
    15524779-Ti.gif
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
    edited October 28, 2007
    Last Attempts
    A couple of redos

214068172-L.jpg

or my original idea

214068102-L.jpg

Thanks for the thoughts

Joe
  • snapstackssnapstacks Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    I LOVE this version of the original idea!
    Teresa Childers Stacks
    www.bffphotography.com
  • RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    I find the eyes much too bright on the new one. More of a soft glow inside the pumpkin, and maybe a touch more lighting in the front to help the colorful M&M's stand out.

The redo of your original idea is better for lighting. If I were to change anything it would be to soften the lighting a tad. The orange/red M&M's are also grainy, and it's pretty easy to spot on those that are falling.

With that said, this is my favorite out of the 3 tries. It's such a great idea, and fits the theme very well thumb.gif.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Love the one you entered.

Now can I have some M&Ms?

Virginia

Email
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    I like the very first one, glare and all.

Jesse