#15 What do you think?

MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
edited October 25, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I wanted to shoot something that was naturally monochromatic y'know?
Is this any good? Or shoot something else?
And the title..."Winter Blues"? Or choose a different title?

1736935839_dcceb3a785_o.jpg
Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Oh, this is just lovely. The color, the crop, the DOF--all wonderfully done. I really like it. thumb.gif

It gives me a more serene feeling than a sad one, so the literal part of the clever pun in your title is at odds with me and my POV (but that's just me!). I get more of a "cerulean dream" kind of mood from it. :D
  • MrsCueMrsCue Registered Users Posts: 412 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Oh, this is just lovely. The color, the crop, the DOF--all wonderfully done. I really like it. thumb.gif

It gives me a more serene feeling than a sad one, so the literal part of the clever pun in your title is at odds with me and my POV (but that's just me!). I get more of a "cerulean dream" kind of mood from it. :D

Woohoo!!! I did good this time then!
    I was actually thinking, if no-one replies to this then I will enter anyway and change my entry if I get anything better.
    I love the title you have given it. So much better than mine! May I use it. I will give you credit for it. deal.gif
    Canon EOS 40D, Canon EOS 350D, 50mm 1.8 MKII prime lens, 17-40mm f/4 L lens, 70-200mm f/2.8 L IS lens, 430 EX speedlite, Tungsten Continuous studio light, Pocket Wizards, Gary Fong Lightsphere, Stofen Omni bounce diffuser, 5in1 reflector

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    MrsCue wrote:
    Woohoo!!! I did good this time then!
    I was actually thinking, if no-one replies to this then I will enter anyway and change my entry if I get anything better.
    I love the title you have given it. So much better than mine! May I use it. I will give you credit for it. deal.gif

rolleyes1.gif

Go right ahead! And good luck! thumb.gif
    edited October 24, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

Go right ahead! And good luck! thumb.gif

Yippee! Thank you so much! clap.gif

• urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    I adore this shot!!! stillness, motion, repetition and a GORGEOUS color. well done!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    I'm getting Flickr's blank screen. Are you reworking it?

Even your entry is the same to me....
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
    edited October 24, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    I adore this shot!!! stillness, motion, repetition and a GORGEOUS color. well done!!!

Thank you so much :)
    HoofClix wrote:
    I'm getting Flickr's blank screen. Are you reworking it?

Even your entry is the same to me....

I dunno what happened there! I tried to change the title on flickr but it wouldn't let me. I just had to re-upload it.

• pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Gorgeous
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • FeliciaFelicia Registered Users Posts: 385 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    This is such a beautiful shot!clap.gif
    "Just because no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist."

www.feliciabphotography.com
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2007
    Well "Wow!" is what I say....
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • HavelockHavelock Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    I'm stunned. It's so tranquil. Beautiful.
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    That photo is stunning!
    :jawdrop
    edited October 25, 2007
    clap.gif YAY! Thank you all so much!

I sent it to my MIL this morning. She phoned me. She loves it too and wanted me to send it to her at her screen resolution for her desktop :D

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Beautfiul Shot Mrs. C, love the variations of the blue hue, with subtle hints of lavender and white, like the selective blur and focus....Very Nice Work!!
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    I was just looking through the entry thread and i have to say your shot stands out. thumb.gif
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Lovely! Great entry clap.gif.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Not that you need anymore input, but this is wonderful! And I love the suggested title! Very nice...
    edited October 25, 2007
    Not that you need anymore input, but this is wonderful! And I love the suggested title! Very nice...

It's doing ALOT for my self esteem that's for sure! It's gradually coming up out of the gutter.