The pumpkin patch

Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited October 26, 2007 in People
We went to the pumpkin patch last week and I took some pictures of my son. C&C welcome. Enjoy!

IMG_2872aweb.jpg

IMG_2888aweb.jpg

IMG_2895aweb.jpg

Comments

• bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Is it just me or do those pictures look oversharpened.

Its not easy capturing fun expressions of kids, with that 30D, hold that shutter button down and get a few dozen to choose from.

Maybe try using a shallow depth of field to isolate the child more from the background.

Good looking kid.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Chrissiebeez_NLChrissiebeez_NL Registered Users Posts: 1,295 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    hi deadeye!

I think you have some nice expressions there (which is most important and hardest!) but i agree that you should tone down the post processing a bit or at least try a different approach.. rolleyes1.gif

Thanks for sharing!
    Visit my website at christopherroos.smugmug.com
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    To me it looks like the shadow highlight tool was used too extreme.
    Could be sharpening, though too.

I love the setting and what a sweet little guy! He is so cute!
  • Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Thanks all for the comments! I was trying to go for a Dave Hill look on these but maybe I over did it with the unsharp mask a little...ne_nau.gif I'll have to try and tweek the process a bit.
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    Dave Hill's photos all have quite directional light so the USM pases end up exaggerating the shadows. I think the reason why your processing isn't working so well is that in these shots the light is quite flat so the USM is picking up less flattering features. You might just try protecting the childs face some of the USM by painting with soft brush in the layer mask.