Bryce Canyon Sunrise Pano

argyleargyle Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
edited October 26, 2007 in Landscapes
Taken last week in Bryce Canyon. Canon 5D with 17-40L, 4 vertical images stitched in PTGUI:

212610738-X2.jpg
"Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son". - Dean Wormer

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    This is beauty loved it
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Great to see pictures of one of my favorite places in the US. iloveyou.gif
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • argyleargyle Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Thanks Nicole and Awais...it was my first time to Bryce Canyon and I wasn't disappointed. I'll definitely go back again, but probably in the early summer months to take more advantage of the light. This time of year, the sun angle is much lower which only gives you a very few minutes to use the good light.

Overall, I shot close to 16 gigs of pictures over eight days at Zion, Bryce, Red Canyon, Kodachrome Basin, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe, Wave, and Wahweap hoodoos. I'll be processing for the next few months :D
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    argyle wrote:
    Thanks Nicole and Awais...it was my first time to Bryce Canyon and I wasn't disappointed. I'll definitely go back again, but probably in the early summer months to take more advantage of the light. This time of year, the sun angle is much lower which only gives you a very few minutes to use the good light.

Overall, I shot close to 16 gigs of pictures over eight days at Zion, Bryce, Red Canyon, Kodachrome Basin, Antelope Canyon, Horseshoe, Wave, and Wahweap hoodoos. I'll be processing for the next few months :D

Can't wait to see your Zion pictures. Did you do the Angels Landing Hike?? Amazing!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • argyleargyle Registered Users Posts: 231 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    Can't wait to see your Zion pictures. Did you do the Angels Landing Hike?? Amazing!

Sure did, but only part way up the last 1/2-mile...I didn't get get very far along the chain before I lost my nerve. Once I started to think too much, I knew that it was time to turn back. Maybe next time...ne_nau.gif