?? Wondering, Help

TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
edited October 25, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I was going to wait until my trip to Bahamas to enter..but as SShay stated you never know what could happen. I have played with a couple of photos...and as usual the final decision comes down to which to enter

What do you think, any thoughts, or should I try something else...All comments and opinions will be appreciated...Lurkers out there feel free to comment also...:D Thanks Everyone for taking the time, your eyes are appreciated

Flames

285087036.jpg

Just Lion Around

285086155.jpg
You're only as good as your next photo....
One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    The lion over the sunflower for sure! have great fun in the Islands... do you scuba dive? have you ever tried underwater photography? The coral reefs and sea life can be very colorful!:D

have fun
    Winston
  • pyroPrints.compyroPrints.com Registered Users Posts: 1,383 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Sunflower is nice but Lion stands out more. It's a nice "classical" piece
    pyroPrints.com (my little t-shirt shop)
    pyroPrints.com/5819572 The Photo Section
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    The lion wins out over the sunflower for sure. :D

Have you tried cropping out the tiles that are less in focus to see how that compares with your current version?
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    LION! :D The sunflower is great but for the contest - LION! Unless, of course, you happen upon a beautiful rainbow of pastels painted across the Bahamas landscape and the mojitos don't throw off your ability to focus...:ivar
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    The sunflower is vivid, but I like the lion too! I suppose that doesn't help...:D
    Growing with Dgrin

• TPBinKCTPBinKC Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    I think the lion is the best choice for this contest. Both are great but I would probably go ahead with the lion. Amazing how much easier it is to know what someone else should do (I am still trying to figure out which I am going to use/or keep looking).

Have fun on trip!!
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    between the two i like the lion (again, don't know if it fits monochromatic or not...depends on your take...but we don't need to get into that again!!!! rolleyes1.gif)
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Well Tentie, I do also really love this photo of the lion that you took. I think you fixed it up already from your advice thread earlier on, and I can't think of anything else that could be recommended to do to it!

Don't get sunburned over there, and don't let the ocean water bleach the blonde out of your hair!
    :D
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    I like the Lion, too. Have a great vacation!
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Sunflower! it is not only more visually interesting, it makes me feel more than the lion....
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    :D Just getting home, and I want to Thank EVERYONE for taking the time and lending me your eyes...I really appreciate it....after awhile of looking at the same photo over and over again...you start to wonder...I was going BLIND..:D

I guess, I'll let the masses decide and I'll go with the lion...the next thing is should I crop it down a bit....Ohhhhhh the agony of it all.......eek7.gifne_nau.gifmwink.gif
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Leave it alone!... thumb.gif
    Tentacion wrote:
    :D Just getting home, and I want to Thank EVERYONE for taking the time and lending me your eyes...I really appreciate it....after awhile of looking at the same photo over and over again...you start to wonder...I was going BLIND..:D

I guess, I'll let the masses decide and I'll go with the lion...the next thing is should I crop it down a bit....Ohhhhhh the agony of it all.......eek7.gifne_nau.gifmwink.gif
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Thank
    You
    Mark!!

So tired, I am looking forward to that trip this weekend. I will have a drink for all of you!! (any excuse will do what can I say...Laughing.gifrolleyes1.gifmwink.gif )