Color in death

GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
edited October 26, 2007 in Landscapes
Found an Old Cemetery when I was hiking the top of the Gorge at Watkins Glen.
With the Fall color I thought this Mausoleum made for a interesting shot?
Morbid?

212765899-L.jpg

Christ on the Cross really caught my eye against the color as well.

212768261-L.jpg
Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/

Comments

• LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Wow, what lovely colors! clap.gif I don't think it's morbid at all. I always figured we wouldn't mark graves with such elaborate carvings and information if we didn't want them to be seen and remembered.

I like the idea, but I really want these to be closer in to the main subjects...waaaaay in. If you have a chance to reshoot, I would walk right up to the mausoleum and get low, shooting upward to grab the color of the tree right behind it and close. Same sort of technique for the cross marker. I think getting closer in to your main subjects and framing your shot to fill the rest of the frame with that vivid color will highlight more effectively the "life in death" idea that pulled you toward these scenes. thumb.gif
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Not morbid. Interesting? Always! Nice Compositions.
    Growing with Dgrin

• GraphyFotozGraphyFotoz Registered Users Posts: 2,267 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Wow, what lovely colors! clap.gif I don't think it's morbid at all. I always figured we wouldn't mark graves with such elaborate carvings and information if we didn't want them to be seen and remembered.

I like the idea, but I really want these to be closer in to the main subjects...waaaaay in. If you have a chance to reshoot, I would walk right up to the mausoleum and get low, shooting upward to grab the color of the tree right behind it and close. Same sort of technique for the cross marker. I think getting closer in to your main subjects and framing your shot to fill the rest of the frame with that vivid color will highlight more effectively the "life in death" idea that pulled you toward these scenes. thumb.gif

I had that idea at one point but everyone was hollar'in for me so all I got was this one.
    Gothic Cross's look so kewl! thumb.gif

212788295-L.jpg
    Canon 60D | Nikon Cooloix P7700
    Manfrotto Mono | Bag- LowePro Slingshot 100AW

http://www.graphyfotoz.smugmug.com/
  • dmmattixdmmattix Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    I just LOVE the Gothic Cross shot. Perfect contrast of color and monochrome of the cross and great composition.

Beautiful.

Mike

Mike Mattix
    Tulsa, OK

"There are always three sides to every story. Yours, mine, and the truth" - Unknown
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    Beautiful pictures
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery