Deleting Comments

k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
edited April 28, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Is there a way to delete a bunch of comments [in galleries] at once? Going through all of them one at a time is a bit cumbersome.

Comments

• timnosenzotimnosenzo Registered Users Posts: 405 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    Go into your control panel, click on stats, click on comments, you can delete them from there.
  • k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    timnosenzo wrote:
    Go into your control panel, click on stats, click on comments, you can delete them from there.

Right, but still only one at a time...
  • TheRedDragonTheRedDragon Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited February 26, 2008
    deleting comments you made ??
    is there a way to delete a comment you made for someone else's photo. My comment on a photo appeared 3 times. I wanted to delete two of them.. any suggestions ?
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 26, 2008
    is there a way to delete a comment you made for someone else's photo. My comment on a photo appeared 3 times. I wanted to delete two of them.. any suggestions ?
    Only the gallery owner can delete comments, sorry :(
  • AngryScotAngryScot Registered Users Posts: 63 Big grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    k2butter wrote:
    Right, but still only one at a time...
    this would be very handy, can it be done?

For whatever reason all my pics got uploaded with the camera type as the comments and the file name (selected to show) does not show until the comment is deleted..for a large gallery deleting one at a time is way too time consuming! Can I stop this when uploading? using picasa at home for gathering images for upload to SM..

thanks!

thumb.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    AngryScot wrote:
    this would be very handy, can it be done?

For whatever reason all my pics got uploaded with the camera type as the comments and the file name (selected to show) does not show until the comment is deleted..for a large gallery deleting one at a time is way too time consuming! Can I stop this when uploading? using picasa at home for gathering images for upload to SM..

thanks!

thumb.gif
    Hi, don't confuse comments with captions :) Your camera maker puts their name in the wrong place, and we end up reading it as a caption (sorry about that, we wish they'd do it right!). But you can easily fix it - go to photo tools, edit captions bulk and add "empty" to all captions. Save and done thumb.gif
    edited April 28, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, don't confuse comments with captions :) Your camera maker puts their name in the wrong place, and we end up reading it as a caption (sorry about that, we wish they'd do it right!). But you can easily fix it - go to photo tools, edit captions bulk and add "empty" to all captions. Save and done thumb.gif

Thanks! Stupid camera's rolleyes1.gif

Now not sure if this is ok to ask off topic or try a new search...the edit bulk page has a nice list of all images with thumbs and file name, is it possible in some other format like this to see the image name you kids put out instead of the filename in the url? That was I can grab multiple image names and cut and paste the rest of the url for when I do multiple image embeds in forum posts without having to jump back and forth from the share window?
  • PBolchoverPBolchover Registered Users Posts: 909 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2008
    The easiest way is to change to "All Thumbs" mode and view the source of the html page.
    edited April 28, 2008
    PBolchover wrote:
    The easiest way is to change to "All Thumbs" mode and view the source of the html page.
    cool, that will work for all the images, my ideal would be to have a thumbnail view with the links to each file. so I can grab the ones I want to post and fit them into the text I write.

Thanks for the suggestion! thumb.gif