LPS #15 - Do any of these work?

RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited October 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've been on a shooting spree :D for the last week or so. Would appreciate feedback on which photo, if any, stands out for LPS 15 based on quality and theme.

Thanks for taking time to poke through these, I know there are a lot, but I lost objectivity a couple hundred photos ago :rofl !

Babson Quarry
212816619-O.jpg

Rock Dwellers
214193230-O.jpg

Fall Reflections
212816740-O.jpg

A Little Dinghy
214096225-O.jpg

*Updated to include the photos with the most votes, and a new crop for the dinghy photo. Thanks!
Beth

Nikon D300
Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

[SIZE=-3]Mary Beth Glasmann Photography[/SIZE]

Which photo best fits LPS #15, based on quality and theme? 16 votes

Quarry Wall
6% 1 vote
Babson Quarry
12% 2 votes
Rock Dwellers
37% 6 votes
Fall Reflections
12% 2 votes
A Little Dinghy
18% 3 votes
Harbor Patrol
6% 1 vote
Tiny Tuna
0% 0 votes
By The Seashore
6% 1 vote
No keepers here, resume shooting!
0% 0 votes

Comments

• FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    I like Rock Dwellers and Fall Reflections best. I voted for Fall Reflections because I think it meets the theme better than Rock Dwellers, which isn't monochrome and isn't really colorful. Great shot, though. As a photograph, it is my favorite in the bunch.

Quarry Wall has potential, but I I feel it as an abstract and the pano crop just doesn't work for me. Maybe a square crop?

The second is a lovely shot, but the picture seems to be all about the cliffs and not the colorful foliage.

A Little Dingy is very colorful but the slant doesn't quite work for me. Too extreme, maybe?

The Sentinal is a nice capture. Love the red. But it just doesn't grab me and keep me scrolling back to look at it the way my favorites do.

Tiny Tuna doesn't do anything for me.

I find By the Seashore confusing. It is hard for me to tell what I am looking at. I love the soft colors, though.

Just one person's 2 cents.

Virginia

Email
  • noniknamnoniknam Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2007
    I'd have to say my favorite is Babson Quarry - beautiful shot. I also like the Little Dinghy but agree about the angle being a bit severe.

I'm struggling with the theme myself so i'm not much help with that aspect.

Beautiful shots - I also love the colors in the Fall Reflections.

That's my penny's worth (still have a lot to learn before I get a raise to 2 cents :D )
  • RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Thank you for the feedback! It looks like Rock Dwellers got the most vote, but does it fit the theme?

I agree that the Babson Quarry photo is more about the granite. I didn't offer up this photo as an option because my lens is soft at the top and bottom of it's range.

212816767-O.jpg

Thanks again for the input. If anyone else has any last minute thoughts I'm still undecided.
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D

• RockportersRockporters Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Here's another option I've been considering. Any better suited than the other photos?

Motif No. 1
    213916717-O.jpg
    Beth

Nikon D300
    Nikon 70-200mm f/2.8
    Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6
    Nikon 50mm f/1.8D