Options

Adding Digital Logo to Photos

justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
edited November 12, 2007 in Finishing School
OK...Suffice it to say I'm a new convert to digital from film. I used to sign all my sold photos, but not any more! Smugmug is too convenient!

How do you make a logo in PS to add to your ordered photos? :scratch I have PS 6 and am still a novice at using it, but getting better every day...

I have no idea how to make and save the logo (just want a single word logo I can add to the corners of photos). Thanks!
Linda
Justus Photography
www.lindasherrill.com

Comments

• Options
    aktpicsaktpics Registered Users Posts: 106 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    justus wrote:
    OK...Suffice it to say I'm a new convert to digital from film. I used to sign all my sold photos, but not any more! Smugmug is too convenient!

How do you make a logo in PS to add to your ordered photos? headscratch.gif I have PS 6 and am still a novice at using it, but getting better every day...

I have no idea how to make and save the logo (just want a single word logo I can add to the corners of photos). Thanks!

I learned this trick from one of Scott Kelby's photoshop books. You can take your logo and create a "Brush" out of it. Then you can set your color and size and one click with the brush tool and you got your logo on your image.

I used my tablet digitizer to create my signature. But you can scan in something or use the type tool etc.

1. Start with a decent sized new document 5x7 @ 300ppi or better. Position your logo anywhere on the document, in the correct rotation.

2. Click Edit->Define Brush Preset. Give it a name like "my logo" and that's it.

Click 'b' for brush, pick your new brush logo, and a color that goes nicely and click once where you want it.

Hope that helps...
  • Options
    justusjustus Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    Adding Logo
    Thanks so much! That helps a lot.

headscratch.gif Just one more question. Since I would reload a photo onto Smugmug when ordered so I could add the logo, how do you know if the logo will appear in proper scale depending on the photo ordered. For example, would my logo still look to scale on a 4 x 6 print as on a 30 x 40 automatically coming from Smugmug?
    Linda
    Justus Photography
    www.lindasherrill.com
  • Options
    peterst6906peterst6906 Registered Users Posts: 267 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2007
    justus wrote:
    Thanks so much! That helps a lot.

headscratch.gif Just one more question. Since I would reload a photo onto Smugmug when ordered so I could add the logo, how do you know if the logo will appear in proper scale depending on the photo ordered. For example, would my logo still look to scale on a 4 x 6 print as on a 30 x 40 automatically coming from Smugmug?

Since you are going to upload a signed version for print, then it will scale fine.

Just add the signature/logo to the image at the right dimensions and then save out the image to upload.

When the image is scaled to print, everything in the image will be scaled proportionally.

Regards,

Peter
    It's not my camera's fault, I'm just visually illiterate