Lena (9 img)

Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
edited October 28, 2007 in People
Priviet, dear DGriners and guests!
Want to share with you some results of our photo session with Lena. I met her on the street and was amazed by the beauty of her eyes. I gave her my card with phone number. She called some days later. We went for a walk and I took something about 200 shots.
As I wrote in our Monthly Assignment, we must try to be prepared for our session. So I used already found before places with good, interesting backgrounds -Drama theater and space around.

1 Unfortunately, I was limited in height taking this shot - better to take it from some 20 cm higher point...
5561.jpg
2 Not sure about the pose, but I like her expression here..
5562.jpg
3 So I made a more close photo.
5563.jpg
4 You often say that I make no (or less) photos of smiling girls. You know, there is some beauty in Russian grief... Hope, you'll understand me, looking at these photos...
5564.jpg
5 Yes, maybe its better to look at smiling faces, but I prefer photos with some story, portraits with some drama...
5565.jpg
6 Of course it must be Natural. No games. Just only eyes talking...
5566.jpg
7 It was a very sunny day and I choose this place because of many backgrounds in the shadows. Hope you can see Lines of Power (see our MA Material) in this photo.
5567.jpg
8 Wind...
5568.jpg
9 Series are often used in compositions. The previous photo and this one use them at the backgrounds.
5569.jpg

Again and again I invite you to take part at out Monthly Assignment.
Make and post your homeworks. Ask questions.
And now, your thoughts, please.

Spasibo,
Yuri

Comments

• k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    I like this set! She is really pretty, I like that she is smiling in some of the shots :D
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    Yuri,

I have always thought that our Louisiana southern belles were the most beautiful girls on the planet. I am wondering whether you will ever run out of pretty young ladies to photograph.

1- I like the color and wind swept hair

2- The pose begins ok, but her feet look very awkward.

3-better than#2

4-stunning

5-I like this one least of all

6-another stunning photo

7-I see the lines of power....I think in her foot, bent leg, arms.......I don't really like this one....the pose ......but do like the rim lighting.

8- excellent

9-I think she looks tense here

Your the best YURIclap.gif
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    #2 I dunno. The shoes, the stockings? Something is throwing it off for me.

#4 my favorite

#5 I'm not crazy about yet I appreciate what you are trying to accomplish

#7 I really like

#8 my second favorite
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Spasibo
    for your comments and critique!
    Yuri