Coinage Shots - Posting Test

canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
edited October 27, 2007 in Holy Macro
I took three coinage shots. I posted these to see if I can finally post more than one image the way I used to. I am still having problems getting the space between the two images. I click on Enter but I cannot get the curser to go down to leave a space between the first image.

Bob

184924611-L.jpg

Comments

• canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    I took three coinage shots. I posted these to see if I can finally post more than one image the way I used to. I am still having problems getting the space between the two images. I click on Enter but I cannot get the curser to go down to leave a space between the first image.

Bob

184924611-L.jpg

I successfully got two images on one post but without a space in between. When I looked at the Preview the two coins were side by side - horizontal.
    I then tried to create the third image with the 2p coin and when I thought I had all three images on one post. I submitted them to the Forum and now I see they have appeared in two posts with only one coin in each. I totally give up.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    I totally give up.
    Cheers
    Bob
    C'mon Bob! Don't quit.
    Post the links to the photos in a reply here and we'll show you how to do this, again.
    edited October 26, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    C'mon Bob! Don't quit.
    Post the links to the photos in a reply here and we'll show you how to do this, again.

I wouldn't care Andy I did have problems at first when I first joined and I mastered it no problem but now I just cannot get the curser to go down and sometimes when I click enter a few times. I find that the image has been posted to the Forum. That is why I have had so many duplicates on the Forums. I also used to post images in URL form but do you know I cannot do that now for some reason. I am going to post a couple of images and see what happens on here as you said. I don't want to quit as Brian has shown me some great techniques and I love the Macrophotography.
    Cheers
    Bob

184920368-L.jpg
    edited October 26, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    I wouldn't care Andy I did have problems at first when I first joined and I mastered it no problem but now I just cannot get the curser to go down and sometimes when I click enter a few times. I find that the image has been posted to the Forum. That is why I have had so many duplicates on the Forums. I also used to post images in URL form but do you know I cannot do that now for some reason. I am going to post a couple of images and see what happens on here as you said. I don't want to quit as Brian has shown me some great techniques and I love the Macrophotography.
    Cheers
    Bob

184920368-L.jpg

Hi Andy,
    I clicked on Enter to get the curser to go down and so I could insert my next image and when I hit ENTER once the screen flashed and it submitted to the forum. So I just don't know.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    184924611-L.jpg

184920368-L.jpg

headscratch.gif

should look like this when you are done editing your post:

[*IMG]http://canon400d.smugmug.com/photos/184924611-L.jpg[*/IMG]

[*img]http://canon400d.smugmug.com/photos/184920368-L.jpg[*/img]

IGNORE the asterisks.
  • AiredrifterAiredrifter Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    Put a few hard returns in the body before you
    insert the photos.

You can delete the extra ones before you post.

FWIW
    edited October 26, 2007
    insert the photos.

You can delete the extra ones before you post.

FWIW

Hi Mike,
    I don't get a chance to delete them because as soon as I hit Enter the post has been posted to the Forum.
    Bob
    edited October 26, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    184924611-L.jpg

184920368-L.jpg

headscratch.gif

should look like this when you are done editing your post:

[*IMG]http://canon400d.smugmug.com/photos/184924611-L.jpg[*/IMG]

[*img]http://canon400d.smugmug.com/photos/184920368-L.jpg[*/img]

IGNORE the asterisks.

Yes you are quite right Andy, that is how my images always looked like when I sent them in the past and once you clicked on the link the image would open. But I am not getting that URL link for some reason. I am getting the picture and I cannot get the cursor to send it down with hitting ENTER. When I hit enter now, it acts in the same way as hitting 'Submit Reply'. The post has gone to the Forum, just by hitting ENTER. If you can follow.
    Cheers
    Bob
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    Try hitting return? ne_nau.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
    edited October 26, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Try hitting return? ne_nau.gif

Hi David,
    In the past I have always used the Enter and it has always worked. I am probably totally wrong but I have always assumed this was the return button under the Backspace. Can you please describe whwhere exactly you call the Return.
    Thanks David
    Bob
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    Hi David,
    In the past I have always used the Enter and it has always worked. I am probably totally wrong but I have always assumed this was the return button under the Backspace. Can you please describe whwhere exactly you call the Return.
    Thanks David
    Bob

Well, I'm on a Mac, so what I'm suggesting might not be relevant, but on a Mac, Return and Enter are two different things.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • AiredrifterAiredrifter Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2007
    canon400d wrote:
    Yes you are quite right Andy, that is how my images always looked like when I sent them in the past and once you clicked on the link the image would open. But I am not getting that URL link for some reason. I am getting the picture and I cannot get the cursor to send it down with hitting ENTER. When I hit enter now, it acts in the same way as hitting 'Submit Reply'. The post has gone to the Forum, just by hitting ENTER. If you can follow.
    Cheers
    Bob

I understand your problem now. It seems like you've got a wandering cursor.

Try reinstalling your mouse (or whatever you use). Good luck.
    edited October 26, 2007
    DavidTO wrote:
    Well, I'm on a Mac, so what I'm suggesting might not be relevant, but on a Mac, Return and Enter are two different things.

Yes David I have made enquiries and the ENTER is the return on this machine and my laptop.
    Thanks for trying to help
    Bob
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    canon400d wrote:

Bob

These look great Bob clap.gif excellent detail.

How old is that first coin? the one that says its a POUND ?
    Glad your finally getting your images in one post.

Thanks for sharing Bob thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited October 27, 2007
    Skippy wrote:
    These look great Bob clap.gif excellent detail.

How old is that first coin? the one that says its a POUND ?
    Glad your finally getting your images in one post.

Thanks for sharing Bob thumb.gif .... Skippy :D

Sorry Skip,
    I cannot tell you how old it is. I've spent it. I am still having problems getting the images in one post. The ones you have been looking at are the ones Andy did. If you see he says " They should look like this after editing" I know my images always looked like that before posting. I have reinstalled the mouse again but it makes no damned difference. I can't understand it as it works ok on here when I hit Enter. It is only when I am posting images.
    Pleased you liked the detail in the coins.
    Cheers

Bob
    edited October 27, 2007
    I understand your problem now. It seems like you've got a wandering cursor.

Try reinstalling your mouse (or whatever you use). Good luck.

Hi Mike,

As you can see here Mike, when I hit the curser it works ok. However, I use a cordless mouse and I have reinstalled it and it makes no difference. I have also reinstalled my original mouse and it is still the same.
    Thanks again

Bob