Let one user dl a clean image in protected gal

carnalcarnal Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited October 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Knowledgeable ones,

Pro account:
I have galleries with hundreds of photos of musicians which I keep right click protected , and watermarked. Lots of lookers come there. I have one friend that might need a few photos once in a while for an online mag.

Is there a way to let him have access, without me having to make a "second copy" and move it into a private gallery, with password or put in a sharegroup? I dont think I want to give him a "guest password".

Is there a way to duplicate gallery as a whole?

I want locked up photos with the ability for one or 2 people to come in and save a clean image once in a while.

bri

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    Make 2nd copy, put it in separate gallery is the only way I can think of right now.

Try the wiki, some other hacks are out there, too thumb.gif
    http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/SmugMugHacksAndApps
  • jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    carnal wrote:
    Knowledgeable ones,

Pro account:
    I have galleries with hundreds of photos of musicians which I keep right click protected , and watermarked. Lots of lookers come there. I have one friend that might need a few photos once in a while for an online mag.

Is there a way to let him have access, without me having to make a "second copy" and move it into a private gallery, with password or put in a sharegroup? I dont think I want to give him a "guest password".

Is there a way to duplicate gallery as a whole?

I want locked up photos with the ability for one or 2 people to come in and save a clean image once in a while.

bri

I make a new private gallery. Then either re-upload to that gallery or make 2nd copy from the gallery you have and move the copies there. You can then allow access to originals in the private gallery and password protect it if you really want to make sure they are the only ones to get in. You then email them the link (and optionally the password). If you want maximum protection, after they've downloaded what they need, you can either change the password (so nobody buy you knows it) or just remove the gallery.

There is no easy way in the regular Smugmug Tools to copy the whole gallery. I believe there are some third party tools that will copy the whole gallery (see the link Andy provided).
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question