Question about slideshows - flash and others

jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
edited October 27, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I was wondering if I can setup slideshows of my galleries and link to them from my other family website

Flash is obviously nicest but i'm seeing that a basic account doesn't get access to flash slideshows

What else can I use - it should embed into my other website

Thanks
Jason

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,339 moderator
    edited October 27, 2007
    jasonstone wrote:
    I was wondering if I can setup slideshows of my galleries and link to them from my other family website

Flash is obviously nicest but i'm seeing that a basic account doesn't get access to flash slideshows

What else can I use - it should embed into my other website

Thanks
    Jason
    I just tried something, thought it was a long shot, but it worked. I don't have a standard account, but I tried a test of placing a flash slideshow of a friend's account in my blog. My friend has a standard account. And I was able to embed a slideshow from one of his albums in my blog. (No, I didn't publish the entry; after all the photos aren't mine to show...)

But - it looks like you can use Shizam's flash slideshow (dgrin description here - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=73247) to embed a slideshow outside of smugmug of a gallery in a standard smugmug account. You will need to use the first method of embedding the slideshow that is shown in the wikii entry - http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/FlashSlideShow.

If you want to see what the flash slide show looks like in a blog, you can look at my blog entry from Wednesday (my photos, not from the experiment I referred to!) - http://denisegoldberg.blogspot.com/2007/10/photo-play.html.

Based on my experiment, I think it's worth a try.

--- Denise
  • jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    errr i feel stupid now
    Based on my experiment, I think it's worth a try.
    --- Denise

Errr I searched, i really did, but i just didn't find what I was looking for
    and then bamn - first bit of code on the link you sent me - well that was exactly what i was needing!! clap.gif

I'm new to smugmug.... probably shows mwink.gif

Thanks!
    Jason
    edited October 27, 2007
    one more thing - how do I set it to be slow by default

i don't see a param setting and it defaults to fast

but i want to hide the thumbnails - maybe... so they can't then click on slow

Thanks
    Jason
    edited October 27, 2007
    jasonstone wrote:
    one more thing - how do I set it to be slow by default

i don't see a param setting and it defaults to fast

but i want to hide the thumbnails - maybe... so they can't then click on slow

Thanks
    Jason
    I'm pretty sure that someone has already asked to have a speed setting, and I think it was added to the wish list - but right now I don't believe you can set it.

--- Denise
    edited October 27, 2007
    I'm pretty sure that someone has already asked to have a speed setting, and I think it was added to the wish list - but right now I don't believe you can set it.

--- Denise

OK thanks - can live with it for now :)

can i push my luck with questions tonight? headscratch.gif

don't suppose it's possible to _not_ have it start automatically - that they have to click on it or a play button for it to start? now that would be nice too thumb.gif

Thanks Denise for your help!

Jason
    edited October 27, 2007
    jasonstone wrote:
    OK thanks - can live with it for now :)

can i push my luck with questions tonight? headscratch.gif

don't suppose it's possible to _not_ have it start automatically - that they have to click on it or a play button for it to start? now that would be nice too thumb.gif

Thanks Denise for your help!

Jason
    I don't think that's a current option. But you can always add your requests to the smugmug feature request page - http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=71342.

And you're very welcome; I'm happy to help.

--- Denise