Fire Filled Sunset

i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
edited October 27, 2007 in Landscapes
AberationFix_Lightened.jpg

I know this photo looks over saturated, but I've checked with several friends and they also agree the level of orange is almost spot on (however, it could be the way my monitor renders it also.) It was so amazingly beautiful. I think this is also the first time that I may have overstepped the bounds of a color profile - as deep as the photo is it still doesn't seem as dynamic as the real deal.

A bit of background on the importance of this photo: I live in NC, where it hasn't rained in well over 3 months. Over the last 72 hours or so it's rained around 6-7", an incredible blessing indeed. It stopped raining earlier today, and these are the remainder of the clouds leaving town.

Enjoy!:thumb

C&C most welcome!

NOTE: On second look, it seems significantly darker (more orange) when saved to JPEG as opposed to what I see in photoshop - I have no idea why this is but I'll work on it.
I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
~Herbert Keppler

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    :oogle

that is quite a view! With the cross in front, it certainly looks ominous.

No need to defend the saturation - I think it looks great. I love dramatic skies and we have been having similar weather patterns up here. The sunset today was not nearly this pretty. thumb.gif
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    This is from a screenshot with PS open. The colors here are closer to my intention (although I really like them both.) No idea why it didn't save right.ne_nau.gif

test.jpg
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler