LPS 15 Entry Critique

i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
edited October 28, 2007 in The Dgrin Challenges
Deuteronomy 4:36

From heaven he made you hear his voice to discipline you. On earth he showed you his great fire, and you heard his words from out of the fire.

I call this Voice of Heaven.

sharp_framed.jpg

Please C&C for entry tomorrow night :D
I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
~Herbert Keppler

Comments

• nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    interesting. I think i would like to see it with a tighter crop, but i am a more detailed person and am not very good at landscapes.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • i_worship_the_Kingi_worship_the_King Registered Users Posts: 548 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2007
    unfortunately this was shot in a narrow corridor - buildings on both sides. But I'll take a look at your suggestion.

THANKS!
    I make it policy to never let ignorance stand in the way of my opinion. ~Justiceiro

"Your decisions on whether to buy, when to buy and what to buy should depend on careful consideration of your needs primarily, with a little of your wants thrown in for enjoyment, After all photography is a hobby, even for pros."
    ~Herbert Keppler
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    I love it! Personaly I would consider cropping from the right, almost all the way up to the tower/cross. Keeping it in the bottom right corner and removing the distracting bush really brings out the message for me.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Very powerful image. I think Emily's suggestion for the crop is excellent and would really convey the title.
    edited October 28, 2007
    THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR COMMENTS!

I also did a little bit with the yellow in the highlights.

Thank you again clap.gif

Here's what I've got so far:
    sharp_framed2.jpg

~Herbert Keppler
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Looks great! Just remember, no borders are allowed on entries.

Best of luck!
    Emily
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    I like this much better. Great Job.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
    edited October 28, 2007
    ^^ oh wow, thanks for the tip! I had completely forgotten! I'll give it another hour or so for commentary - then it's submisison time- THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL COMMENTS!

I really feel sorry for the judges on this one. The topics were so broad! What good photo doesn't fall into colorful/monochromatic? Oh well, hope they pick mine! Daddy needs a new smugmug pro account!

~Herbert Keppler