Down Time

teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
edited October 30, 2007 in Holy Macro
Broke my leg at work Tuesday.... Been cooped up in the house. Was able to go though some of my many resent shots. I am bummed that to have all this time off and cant go outside. Just can not seem to get inspired by anything in my house. Miss my camera any ideas for inside shooting would be welcome.
But for now hope you injoy one of these. MM

213725784-L.jpg

213724690-X2.jpg

196075154-L.jpg

206308273-L.jpg

213722326-XL.jpg
“I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
— Lord Byron

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    eek7.gif loved them especially 1st one eek7.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Lovely shots - esp like #1 :)

Ideas for inside - normal water shots- drips, drops on cds etc. I often do flowers. can be interesting just to take a common object and see what you can do with it - eg a coin
    Brian V.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Broke my leg at work Tuesday.... Been cooped up in the house. Was able to go though some of my many resent shots. I am bummed that to have all this time off and cant go outside. Just can not seem to get inspired by anything in my house. Miss my camera any ideas for inside shooting would be welcome.
    But for now hope you injoy one of these. MM

Ohhhhh dear, sorry to hear you've broken your leg MM. eek7.gif

Hmmmm keeping occupied while you recover.....
    Lets see .... have you got any small cars or coins, any kids?
    or kids toys that you could photograph ?

I love your first shot clap.gif
    I believe it is a Virescent Green Metallic Bee (Agapostemon virescens)
    Their eyes are quite remarkable aren't they.

Hope you have a speedy recovery and can get up and about real soon.
    All the Best........... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Love all of these...look forward to seeing more of yours...

Sorry to hear about the broken leg...what a pain!!!

Think Brian has just about covered what i thought you could shoot...oh you could feed the birds and sit by the window .....just a thoought!

Patricia.......:ivar
  • teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Thanks for the get Ideas
    No kids or toys, but water drips sound cool to try. I have spent some time feeding the birds out the front window of my home... maybe its time to re-visit them. Either way you all have got me thinking. Thanks for that. Mark:D
    — Lord Byron
  • twinsmomtwinsmom Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Love the first and fourth. Good luck finding things to keep you busy inside. I struggle with this also.
    edited October 29, 2007
    Another idea for you..smoke either from blown out candle or three,matches or those smelly smoke sticks(cant remeber what they are called)....cups,saucers plates etc,food and fruit oh and shells if you have some....

Thank you for getting me thinking...now i have a list for the long winter days!!!

Patricia.........:ivar
    edited October 29, 2007
    Smoke very cool
    Incense is that the word you where looking for. I reached out my front door last night and cut a peice of plant off. Stuck it in a vase and tried to make some water drop.... Have not had any luck yet but will keep trying.

Thanks for the great ideas. I remember when I got my first camera... I played with the flame of one of those tiki torches... That was cool. MM

Another idea for you..smoke either from blown out candle or three,matches or those smelly smoke sticks(cant remeber what they are called)....cups,saucers plates etc,food and fruit oh and shells if you have some....

Thank you for getting me thinking...now i have a list for the long winter days!!!

Patricia.........:ivar
    — Lord Byron
    edited October 29, 2007
    Thanks for the great input
    Now get ready to witness the birth of Smuggy. Could not get water to hang.. so I used hand soap!

214767761-XL.jpg

214767869-XL.jpg

214767963-XL.jpg

214768053-XL.jpg
    — Lord Byron
    edited October 30, 2007
    Ah yes inscence was the word i couldnt find...

To add to your list there is also perfume and after shave bottles...bottles of whatever.....still life compositions....

Thank you for the smile...like these shots...looked fun to do!!! Thinking of getting some childrens blowing bubbles stuff...thought they might make pretty colored bubbles...then theres washing up liquid.....bubble bath foamy stuff...soon there will be such a list we will be busy all the grey days of winter!!!!!!rolleyes1.gif

Patricia........wings.gif
    edited October 30, 2007
    Bubbles....
    Bubbles would be very cool. No kids here.... maybe thats why I am not thinking of these great ideas. But I do have a dog... wounder what he would think of some bubbles blowing past his nose? You must have kids or be a kid at heart to thinking up these things. Thanks MM

Ah yes inscence was the word i couldnt find...

To add to your list there is also perfume and after shave bottles...bottles of whatever.....still life compositions....

Thank you for the smile...like these shots...looked fun to do!!! Thinking of getting some childrens blowing bubbles stuff...thought they might make pretty colored bubbles...then theres washing up liquid.....bubble bath foamy stuff...soon there will be such a list we will be busy all the grey days of winter!!!!!!rolleyes1.gif

Patricia........wings.gif
    — Lord Byron
    edited October 30, 2007
    Well in this life time i have brought up a son and four stepdaughters.....with the girls..... to keep them occupied we did many craft things and also painting and drawing...they all stopped as they grew up...but i continued...so i guess you could say i am still a kid at heart...think its important to do things you get lost in and forget about the daily grind....Just home from the Coffee shop and straight onto the computer...so much to do on here...shall i paint ....process some more of the shots i took in Raw(totally new to me and i am enjoying the experience....) No first i have to order ink...happy to say i have two orders for some paintings i hung in the Coffee shop...life is busy and fun! Will post any more ideas that may pop into my head...So even with your broken leg being creative will make you feel happier and you will heal quicker....Oh and what better subject can you have than your dog...AWWWWWW!

Patricia........:D