90+-

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited October 30, 2007 in People
213902946-L-3.jpg

Comments

• ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    What a sweet face and beautiful eyes! Lovely lighting! I like it a lot!
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited October 28, 2007
    Beautiful portrait. clap.gifclap
  • 1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 299 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Her face certainly hints at many stories -- hopes, hard work, good times, tragedies, and the nurturing of many loved ones...

I'd be tempted to clone the double catchlights very slightly so they merged, maybe.

This image would also look grreat B&W wouldn't it?

Thanks for sharing.
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • LilleGLilleG Registered Users Posts: 313 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Great portrait of a lovely lady. Such bright interested eyes! A face that says "I've seen it all and loved most of it."
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    This shot makes me think of my great aunt emma. She never had children but took in any child as her own. She cooked a family dinner for 50 every Sunday (thats what us Italians do :D) and never expected any help. She still lives every moment of her life to the fullest, as i think the women in your photograph does.

Thanks for sharing!
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    This photograph has made me thinkabout the art of portraiture (formal and environmental). The treatment of 90+ appears pretty straightforward (which is not to say easy or simple). You have used excellent lighting and a crop that holds the viewer's interest, but no apparent added effects. Perfect.

I contrast this with the portraits of your children and grandchilren, and your self portraits in which post processing is almost a character in the drama. With the young ones, the processing adds a vintage and/or a playful feeling, which always seems to enhance the subject matter. In your self portraits the PP conveys mystery while letting the viewer think that somehow s/he will see the real you if s/he looks hard enough.

The art is knowing when and how to alter what the camera alone records. You seem to have a impressive grasp on the art of portraiture.

Virginia

Email
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited October 29, 2007
    thanks all!-
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    George, I just think this is wonderful! Some may say it is a bit too yellow, but I love the warmth in the skin tones....it goes along with the warmth in her gaze and the personality that shines through. She is one heck of a young looking over 90 gal!!! I would think she were closer to 75. thumb.gifthumb.gifthumb.gif
  • Scotty_RScotty_R Registered Users Posts: 108 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    George, this is a superb image. Color, composition, texture, expression all work well together to create a compelling image. Top notch.
    Scotty