Small swedish trainstation.

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited October 29, 2007 in Landscapes
Hello peeps out there.

This is my first post on this forum. And it´s allso my first thread on this forum ever since i registerd today. Anyways im a guy from the small country sweden in scandinavia. By random i got my eyes into this forum. It has absolutely everything i was looking for and wich the swedish forums dosnt have.

Anyways my english isn´t perfect so now you guys know why =).

Im a big fan of abstract photography. Like buildings and just random daily objects. This post shows my favourite photo atm. I just love the simplicity in it.

So what do you guys think?.

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited October 28, 2007
    Welcome Arvan.

I hope you find all you are seeking here a dGrin! We look forweard to seeing more of your work.

wave.gif
  • rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited October 28, 2007
    Hi Arvan, and Welcome!

It's an interesting shot, though I have to admit it doesn't do a whole lot for me. I like the wide aspect of it, but there's a lot of sky at the top the top that doesn't really seem to add to the shot. I feel like dropping the angle a little lower and getting more of the ground in front of you might add a little.

It also feels like it's a tiny bit off center, so that the view is just a little bit from the left. That could just be me though.

Abstracts aren't necessarily my thing though, so take or leave that as you want:D

Again, welcome, and keep posting!
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    It is a bit uncenterd. The thing was that i was just taking this one to get the exposure meaturing right. When i got home i just liked the way it was. I can go to that place again sometime and do it perfect. And i will try to lower the angle a bit as you say.

The other pic is from the same building. I think its funny to se how things looks so different depending on the angle.

Anyways what i like a bout this one is that it just don´t tell you that much. It no complicated stuff in it. Just a sharp corner of a building. But i find it very beautiful. I havnt done anything with this one exept the frame. I just love how it looks so silky smooth.

Hit me one mor time plz!
  • rusticrustic Registered Users Posts: 199 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Hi Arvan,

I like the second one much better. Like you said, simple, sharp corners and interesting lines, and a nice solid blue sky. Works for me!

My only complaint if I had to make one would be that the bottom of the building on the left is a bit too dark to really see easily, not not dark enough that you don't notice the details. That leaves me squinting and staring to try to see the details there. I think that I'd try either lightening or darkening that area and see if you like either of those.

All in all, though, a very nice shot!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    wave.gif Arvan! I think you're doing just fine on the architectural front. I can see where you're going in terms of urban landscapes with a bit of abstract composition thrown in.

I admire you also for diving right in and posting your photos for critique (lots of folks including myself find it terrifying) and especially if English is not your first language. If you hadn't said, I would never have guessed. thumb.gif

That said, welcome and I hope to keep seeing your shots here on Dgrin. I don't get out to Sweden much (lol3.gif) and seeing scenes from your end of the world is pretty keen!
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Hehe it feels so good with all the warm welcomes. Since ive bin posting pictures from the same building il stick to that in this thread. Try to figure out where this is taken...( wich part of the building ).

The size will be a bit smaller because i couldnt fit any good quality with a bigger on...just 140 kbs :S.. Anyway you will see where im going =).