San Diego Fires

snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
edited October 29, 2007 in Landscapes
The Harris fire in the south county on Monday Oct. 22 - Taken from my deck looking south.
214320165-L.jpg

The fire spread to the west by Tuesday night and burned up the east, south, and west sides of Mt Miguel. You can see the glow of the fire in Spring Valley on the west slope on the far right of the photo. This was taken from my deck looking west. I didn't take any other pictures because I had my camera packed in the car and we were ready to evacuate. We live in Jamul which is out in the brush country. We were very lucky that the fire did not reach our neighborhood. It came pretty close though. We are very thankful.
214320424-L.jpg
"A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
Susan Appel Photography My Blog

Comments

• lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    So sorry you had the "opportunity" to shoot these, snappy.

We're hoping they've stopped the Santiago fire from heading into Riverside County.
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    lynnesite wrote:
    So sorry you had the "opportunity" to shoot these, snappy.

We're hoping they've stopped the Santiago fire from heading into Riverside County.

Thank God the wind has died down. I know these fires are still burning and I have not unpacked yet. But, I feel pretty confident that they will contain them now. I'm praying for all those who are still in the path of the fires. I hope you and your horses will be safe, Lynne.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog