Don't ask Samantha to smile

MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
edited October 30, 2007 in People
Tried to take some nice portraits of Samantha in her new dress before heading out last night.

214227918-XL.jpg

My son uttered the words I hate to hear, "Smile for Dada, Samantha!"eek.gif

214227583-XL.jpg

Comments

• Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    What a cutie!!! That is just what mine look like when they smile rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • zoomerzoomer Registered Users Posts: 3,688 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Nothing more fun that photographing your own posse.

If your daughter is like mine as soon as you quit taking the picture then she is all smiles!! YOu need to go to the button cam!
  • Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    This is so funny and cute. What a darling little girl. My toddlers do exactly the same thing. They already know to never say the word "cheese" unless they want to eat it.
    C and C always welcome.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    I'm glad to know I'm not alone with the toddler "cheese" smile.iloveyou.gif
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    That smile is hilarious!!! Adorable capture.
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    rolleyes1.gifvery cute
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • jzieglerjziegler Registered Users Posts: 420 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    It might not have been what you were looking for, but what a great expression! It gave me a nice little laugh and smile in the middle of my day.

Regards,
    James
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    OMG! That's hilarious! My 4 year old is like that, too....

Your children are so gorgeous! Great shots of Samantha! (I have one, too - a Samantha, that is....) How old is she?
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    OMG! That's hilarious! My 4 year old is like that, too....

Your children are so gorgeous! Great shots of Samantha! (I have one, too - a Samantha, that is....) How old is she?

Andi,
    This one is still making me smile even after looking at it for the past 2 days. These shots were literally taken just seconds apart.

Thanks again for your kind words about my children. Samanth is 2 and 1/2. How old is your Samantha?
  • k2butterk2butter Registered Users Posts: 259 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Adorable!!! I LOVE the cheesy grin, I like to take more candid shots of my 4 year old because I get the same look when I ask her to smile, but even still, the "say cheese" shots sometimes end up being my favorite because they make me laugh!!! This is a great one!!!!
  • ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Very cute! The expression changes, but the fingers don't!

Someday she'll enjoy you pulling those out before she gets married!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Mitchell wrote:
    Andi,
    This one is still making me smile even after looking at it for the past 2 days. These shots were literally taken just seconds apart.

Thanks again for your kind words about my children. Samanth is 2 and 1/2. How old is your Samantha?

How weird! Mine is 2.5 - April 23rd.... And I still freak seeing your oldest and comparing her to pics of me when I was younger...

Definitely adorable and I can see why it made you smile!
  • niimoniimo Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    rolleyes1.gifAwww man hahaaa that brought me a good laugh, thanks for sharing that, very cute.
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    These are adorable Mitch! The best part is scrolling from the "serious" face to the "cheese" shot!!! OMG! So fun!!! I have a niece who does the very same thing. I finally had a "talk" with all the adults in the family and requested they stop coaching! :D
  • dbutchardbutchar Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    I gotta say I love those photos... what a great capture.. she is a cutie and that smile is priceless.