Foggy Fall in the Smokies

LexLex Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited October 29, 2007 in Landscapes
I saw a lot of photographers last week in the Smoky Mountains, maybe I saw you. There were at least 2 workshops going on. Monday, Oct 22, I was at Clingman's Dome for sunrise @ 7:30 AM. Me and it looked like 25 other photographers. I should have taken a picture of them. Problem was, the sun didn't show up. I had to laugh a little bit at the joke Mother nature played on all of us, though of course, I wanted the sunrise to start the day...
(Please excuse some sensor dust... I'll work on that. :-). my edits were a bit fast this week)

It looked like this as I took this image not far down the mountain on that Monday. It was the first picture I took on Monday:

211753741-L.jpg

In fact, it looked like that every day I was @ Clingman's Dome this week. But, you try to make the best of it:

211754510-L.jpg

Sometimes, the fog was nicer to you than other times:

213127238-L.jpg

213296134-L.jpg

213127243-L.jpg

Fog can be fun, though I admit sometimes, you feel like an image will be more spectacular while shooting it, than after it's done. Not sure why that is.

211755304-L.jpg

Don't worry, things did brighten up a lot! But I'll save that for another post...

Doug