Few more from Saturday

urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
edited October 30, 2007 in People
C&C welcome!

1. It's all about the shoes

214472531-L-2.jpg

2. Exposed for the compact...kinda liked how it turned out.
214475824-L-2.jpg

3. In an old "Indiana Bell" phone booth inside the Columbia Club. They've removed the phones, though...funny.
214474068-L-2.jpg

4. Finally....urbanaries' first wedding in the heart of the city!!!
214474653-L-2.jpg

5. There were some in this series without the tourists, but I kind of like the journalistic feel. Feel free to disagree with me :D
214475605-L-3.jpg

6. (need to PS out the banner between their faces)
214474430-L-2.jpg

7. (me loves my Siggy 70-200!)
214477388-L-2.jpg

8. Two off camera flashes saved the backlit day. :D
214478505-L-2.jpg

9. I was worried Grandpa might break something cutting such serious rug.
214479236-L-2.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!
Canon 5D MkI
50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Great photography you have become my favorite wedding photog
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Your work just continues to amaze me. The lighting and the comps are awesome. The high-key image with the compact is one of my faves but there isn't one in the bunch that I would toss. One question though...did the groom ever open his eyes? :-)
  • ElaineElaine Registered Users Posts: 3,532 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Fab-u-lous! As usual! I'm not a city gal, but I just love #4! How do you come up with this stuff?? Love it! So inspiring! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Elaine

Comments and constructive critique always welcome!

Elaine Heasley Photography
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007

15524779-Ti.gif Way to go, wow!! I love the energy you always have in your shots as well as dramatic colors and lighting.
  • kenlynekenlyne Registered Users Posts: 53 Big grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    These are fantastic--I love your style!!
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007

OMG that's crazy talk!!!:oogle Thanks, Awais, i'm humbled and flattered!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Another fantastic set! I love #4. Very Shayesque! (is that a word?)

I love the artistry and creativity of these shots. Do your clients know they are getting these shots and not the usual, boring wedding photos? Have you had anyone gripe about your style? Do you also take the traditional family poses required in most weddings?
  • photogmommaphotogmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,644 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Okay, that's enough. Can you PLEASE post some bad photos for me to rip apart? I'd REALLY appreciate it!!! rolleyes1.gif

Just gorgeous! My faves are 1,2,4,8,9. The only one I'm "eh" on is 6 and I think it's because of the ceiling. I like them in the shot, but I find the ceiling sort of disco and distracting....

I'm in LOVE with grampa! That's hilarious...

Awesome, awesome set!
    edited October 29, 2007
    Oh! And I really like your new watermark!
  • ivarivar Registered Users Posts: 8,395 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    :jawdrop

wow, these are great! wings.gif

All are great, but I love this one:
    urbanaries wrote:
    4. Finally....urbanaries' first wedding in the heart of the city!!!
    214474653-M-2.jpg
    edited October 29, 2007
    Thanks you guys for all the awesome feedback!!!

To Mitchell: I do scheduled family photos. I just advise my clients who like the photojournalistic style to keep it to a minimum. I get all required family groupings in writing a week before the wedding. SHAY recommends allotting (sp?) Three minutes per grouping, and once they know that, they start being judicious about it. But, there are always impromptu "special requests" that test your composure. Along that line...

I just had to share this awesome email I just received from the brides mom. I've never recieved feedback BEFORE the pictures are delivered! (they haven't seen one of them, only you guys have!)

Lynne,

Just a brief email to let you know how very pleased we all were with how incredibly hard you worked ALL weekend taking photos of Amanda and Mike's wedding. You were very gracious to my family when they chased you down for an unscheduled family photo and for that.... THANK YOU!!!! Can't wait to see the wedding photos Lynne. You are sooooooooooooooooooo talented and were so very easy and comfortable to work with.

All good wishes,

Mrs. H (Amanda's mom)
    Canon 5D MkI
    edited October 29, 2007
    urbanaries wrote:
    Thanks you guys for all the awesome feedback!!!

To Mitchell: I do scheduled family photos. I just advise my clients who like the photojournalistic style to keep it to a minimum. I get all required family groupings in writing a week before the wedding. SHAY recommends allotting (sp?) Three minutes per grouping, and once they know that, they start being judicious about it. But, there are always impromptu "special requests" that test your composure. Along that line...

I just had to share this awesome email I just received from the brides mom. I've never recieved feedback BEFORE the pictures are delivered! (they haven't seen one of them, only you guys have!)

Lynne,

Just a brief email to let you know how very pleased we all were with how incredibly hard you worked ALL weekend taking photos of Amanda and Mike's wedding. You were very gracious to my family when they chased you down for an unscheduled family photo and for that.... THANK YOU!!!! Can't wait to see the wedding photos Lynne. You are sooooooooooooooooooo talented and were so very easy and comfortable to work with.

All good wishes,

Mrs. H (Amanda's mom)

Wow! I can only imagine what you'll hear from them when they get to see the shots! Congrats on such a wonderful email!!!
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    Lynne these are absolutely terrif!!! It is so fun to see each new thread you post because you are truly 'finding yourself' and your work is blossoming. I think Mitch hit it on the head.....your work on this set has a very "Shay-eque" quality to it. You know how HIGH of a compliment that is on this forum!!! I think you always had the skills, but now your confidence that you can do this is really beginning to show. You're taking risks, trying new things, straying from the old boring stuff and it really is working! I love them all but #4 is my fav. In addition to great photography, this is a fun looking couple. They look so relaxed and appear to be having the best day of their lives. What more could one ask? clap.gif
  • rundadarrundadar Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    #4 is terrific!
    http://rundadar.smugmug.com

"...turtles are great speed enthusiasts, which is natural"

J.Cortazar

• DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    These shots are awesome!!! Very creative.
  • CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2007
    I absolutely adore number three. Very secretive and mysterious with the colours.. it's like they're in their own little world! I'm also really liking number four!! J.Cleveland
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
    edited October 30, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Lynne these are absolutely terrif!!! It is so fun to see each new thread you post because you are truly 'finding yourself' and your work is blossoming. I think Mitch hit it on the head.....your work on this set has a very "Shay-eque" quality to it. You know how HIGH of a compliment that is on this forum!!! I think you always had the skills, but now your confidence that you can do this is really beginning to show. You're taking risks, trying new things, straying from the old boring stuff and it really is working! I love them all but #4 is my fav. In addition to great photography, this is a fun looking couple. They look so relaxed and appear to be having the best day of their lives. What more could one ask? clap.gif

Thanks Susan, your comments made my day! I never consciously realized I was "taking risks" but it's interesting that you see that happening. I just hate doing the same stuff over and over, and I'm always looking to other photographers for inspiration.

And, definitely not sure I'm worthy of the Shay comparison....however flattering it is! Although, the columbia club is about the closest thing we redneck Hoosiers have to the Waldorf Astoria rolleyes1.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    edited October 30, 2007
    rundadar wrote:
    #4 is terrific!

Thank you!!! I'm so flattered you commented. Your work is amazing!!! bowdown.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    edited October 30, 2007
    DavidS wrote:
    These shots are awesome!!! Very creative.
    Thank you David!!!
    Canon 5D MkI
    edited October 30, 2007
    I absolutely adore number three. Very secretive and mysterious with the colours.. it's like they're in their own little world! I'm also really liking number four!! J.Cleveland

I'm glad you like that one! I have to confess Andi (photogmomma) has inspired me to be more creative with the monotone conversions...this one has some blue in it, and I hope the clients like it!
    Canon 5D MkI
  • 12201220 Registered Users Posts: 88 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Bravo! clap.gif
    Disclaimer: Just because I have an opinion, that doesnt mean I'm right.
  • Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Very inspiring! Great work!
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    All I can say is 15524779-Ti.gif

Personal question - is it now starting to look like it was worth it? It seems like you've had a dramatic turn around since the Boot Camp.