The waiting room...

Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
edited March 7, 2005 in People
Here's one of the portraits I got this weekend down at Union Station while trying to get something for the challenge, this didn't fit the challenge but i like it all the same...

Suggestions and comments encouraged.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
Chance favors the prepared mind. -Louis Pasteur

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited March 6, 2005
    Oh goodness. You have to tell us how you snapped this near perfect photo. It's very dramatic - the lighting is fantastic. (If only that piece of paper weren't on the floor. Can you do anything about it?) Beautiful! thumb.gif

Tell us, did you ask his permission before snapping?
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2005
    Angelo wrote:
    Oh goodness. You have to tell us how you snapped this near perfect photo. It's very dramatic - the lighting is fantastic. (If only that piece of paper weren't on the floor. Can you do anything about it?) Beautiful! thumb.gif

Tell us, did you ask his permission before snapping?
    I was down at Union Station, and I was doing my best to get some portraits, and this guy just struck me as a great one, I asked him if he'd mind and he said "Well sure if you think it'll help"

I get everything from "get outta my face, to Oh me but I'm so ugly, to absolute flattery that I want to take their picture.

I have to admit, I tell a disarming little fib, I tell them I'm a student and that I have an assignment to get a portrait of someone and would they mind? I think people are much more willing to be photographed if they feel like they're doing you a huge favor.:):
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2005
    Lucky Hack wrote:
    I was down at Union Station, and I was doing my best to get some portraits, and this guy just struck me as a great one, I asked him if he'd mind and he said "Well sure if you think it'll help"

I get everything from "get outta my face, to Oh me but I'm so ugly, to absolute flattery that I want to take their picture.

I have to admit, I tell a disarming little fib, I tell them I'm a student and that I have an assignment to get a portrait of someone and would they mind? I think people are much more willing to be photographed if they feel like they're doing you a huge favor.:):
    GREAT pic!!thumb.gif I have to admit I've often thought about trying the I'm a student bit but in the end I've always chickened out.rolleyes1.gif

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • KimballPhotographyKimballPhotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2005
    But...But....what happened to his reindeer?? He must have just been on vacation, huh:): . This really is a super photo! He's another that I bet would have some great stories to tell. Wonderful workclap.gif !!
    Natalie:thumb

A single photograph can tell an entire story and bring back a multitude of memories.
  • KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2005
    Very nice capture.
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    But...But....what happened to his reindeer?? He must have just been on vacation, huh:): . This really is a super photo! He's another that I bet would have some great stories to tell. Wonderful workclap.gif !!

No, No you got that wrong or wrong State, he's a multi millionare power broker from where else Beverly Hills rolleyes1.gif

Excellent shot thumb.gif
    Little white lie huh headscratch.gif have you ever sold vacum cleaners by chance?rolleyes1.gif
  • NirNir Registered Users Posts: 1,400 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    Excellent!!

Nir Alon

images of my thoughts
  • Lucky HackLucky Hack Registered Users Posts: 594 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    thanks alot, I really appreciate all your comments and encouragement.

hoping this message finds you well -Ian
  • motimoti Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited March 7, 2005
    What a beautiful photo Ian, everything here tells a story, even the paper on the floor.
    Cheers
    Moti