Chicago does Breast Cancer Awareness month

gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
edited October 31, 2007 in Landscapes
Well I finally shot in Chicago. I've only lived here for the majority of my life, I guess it was bound to happen eventually. I met Adam (Grimace) in the city tonight after work and we had a good time talking and shooting. The weather was nice and the city was lit up in pink for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. It added a nice touch to the skyline. Let me know what you think. Hopefully Adam will add a couple of his to this thread once he has some time to process them.

Surprise surprise, a pano! ~16 images 33MP
214953588-XL.jpg

A little closer.
214956667-L.jpg
Nick
SmugMug Technical Account Manager
Travel = good. Woo, shooting!
nickwphoto

Comments

• ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    woah so nice and for a good cause!. I just love that golden glow.

Wich we had towns like that in sweden! just amazing for me to see those big citys :)
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    I love Chicago. One of my top three favorite cities I have ever been to, period. How's the weather lately? :D

That said, that is a beautiful skyline! The colors look very warm and yellow - is it really like that? I am reminded of Andy's treatment of urban night shots, is all.

It's good to see ya out and shooting, still! thumb.gif
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Mmmmm, very nice, Nick! Did Adam really keep you out all night? Tsk,tsk..
  • gluwatergluwater Registered Users Posts: 3,599 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    I love Chicago. One of my top three favorite cities I have ever been to, period. How's the weather lately? :D

That said, that is a beautiful skyline! The colors look very warm and yellow - is it really like that? I am reminded of Andy's treatment of urban night shots, is all.

It's good to see ya out and shooting, still! thumb.gif
    Yeah yeah. I'm a noob when it comes to shooting in the city and night shots in general. I'll re-process them tonight. Do you want to be my editor? I'll pass stuff by you before I post it blbl.gif .
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited October 30, 2007
    Ann McRae wrote:
    Mmmmm, very nice, Nick! Did Adam really keep you out all night? Tsk,tsk..
    I think it was the other way around. He's the one that had to get up early for work.
    Nick
    nickwphoto
    edited October 30, 2007
    gluwater wrote:
    Yeah yeah. I'm a noob when it comes to shooting in the city and night shots in general. I'll re-process them tonight. Do you want to be my editor? I'll pass stuff by you before I post it blbl.gif .

No one makes me laugh as much on Dgrin as Nick! :lol

Seriously though, I heard how busy you are since you've got back. Ignore me! I am just one lonely opinion on a board of coming-up-on-20,000 shooters. :D
    edited October 31, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    No one makes me laugh as much on Dgrin as Nick! :lol

Seriously though, I heard how busy you are since you've got back. Ignore me! I am just one lonely opinion on a board of coming-up-on-20,000 shooters. :D
    Oh come on Schmooo, I would take your opinion over at least 100 of those 20,000 users iloveyou.gif. Seriously though. The cast was bothering me too but without it the image was looking too blue. I have a tendancy to go more yellow than blue with my WB, but this was yellow overload. So here's try number 2. Any better? I printed it at 13x20 and it looks pretty good if I say so myself. Oh yeah, this is a slightly different crop also.

215362852-L.jpg
    Nick
    nickwphoto
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    Good shots Nick
    Kind of figured Adam would stop by....talked with him last night...so, that's the vantage point! Nice. Your last processing seems a little too rich as maybe it's the size/monitor here...like not sharp but fuzzy. This is evident in the lights almost as though there were camera shake. Probably just me as I'm only on my first cup of coffee..Laughing.gif

Wow, a 16 frame pano....that's like huge....nice job!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited October 31, 2007
    gluwater wrote:
    The cast was bothering me too but without it the image was looking too blue. I have a tendancy to go more yellow than blue with my WB, but this was yellow overload. So here's try number 2. Any better? I printed it at 13x20 and it looks pretty good if I say so myself. Oh yeah, this is a slightly different crop also.

215362852-S.jpg

I luv it. Even though it may be a little bluer than real life (I dunno, I don't get out to Chicago as much as I'd like) I think this looks awesome! thumb.gif

How do you normally deal with WB when you're processing? I usually end up making things cooler than normal if I'm just using my eyes, but in CS3 setting the black and white points usually takes care of the cast issue.