Tried out my new home studio last night.

Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
edited October 30, 2007 in People
I convinced my wife to pose for me even though she claims she's not very photogenic. I had 2 umbrellas set up, one on either side of the camera. Each had a hotshoe flash shooting through it. An on-camera-flash at 90 degrees with a bounce card, and a piece of white foam board in front of my wife that acted as a reflector. I just had her sit on the couch since I don't have a backdrop yet. Here is one of the pics after PP. Let me know what you think since this is my first time trying out this sort of thing. Thanks

IMG_3435aweb.jpg

Comments

• RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Ok, take what I have to say witha grain of salt, as I have no experience with this either! I like the quality of the light, but I would say try to vary it a little bit. Have the light on one side stronger than the other. Create lighter and darker areas on her face. This will help to make the portrait more dynamic and a little less "flat"

Hope this doesn't sound too far off! If I am way off here someone please correct me! ne_nau.gif
  • Deadeye008Deadeye008 Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    Ok, take what I have to say witha grain of salt, as I have no experience with this either! I like the quality of the light, but I would say try to vary it a little bit. Have the light on one side stronger than the other. Create lighter and darker areas on her face. This will help to make the portrait more dynamic and a little less "flat"

Hope this doesn't sound too far off! If I am way off here someone please correct me! ne_nau.gif

Thanks for the tip Rhuarc. I'll remember this the next time I shoot with it. Keep the comments coming!