Options

Image Size in CS3

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited October 30, 2007 in Finishing School
I need to set up an image size in CS3 to be sent in an email. The photo needs to be 2MB or smaller. And 1600 pixels wide or horizontal. I'm having a hard time getting the image size box set up. Can anyone help me with this? Step by step would really be a big help for me :D

If this thread is in the wrong section please move it :D Thanks.

---Mary

Comments

• Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    The easiest way is to use the Save for Web feature. Have the picture open that you want to save.

1) Click File>Save for Web
    2) Select JPG in the drop down in the top right hand corner.
    3) Below all those options is a box that should have two small tabs. One will say Image Size. Click that tab, then enter in 1600 as the Width.
    4) In the bottom left hand corner it shoudl show the Size Optimized. This will be the size after you save it. If this is too large you can drop the Quality slider down some in the top right hand corner until it drops below 2MB.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Rhuarc wrote:
    The easiest way is to use the Save for Web feature. Have the picture open that you want to save.

1) Click File>Save for Web
    2) Select JPG in the drop down in the top right hand corner.
    3) Below all those options is a box that should have two small tabs. One will say Image Size. Click that tab, then enter in 1600 as the Width.
    4) In the bottom left hand corner it shoudl show the Size Optimized. This will be the size after you save it. If this is too large you can drop the Quality slider down some in the top right hand corner until it drops below 2MB.

Hope this helps!