here are some Portraits Of my kids (first timer)

Sir HawkinsSir Hawkins Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited November 2, 2007 in People
Me and my wife spent a day with are kids taking pics in the park and @ home I use mostley Home made (DIY) lights for the In door ones
anyway just want to know how We did Oh also use GIMP 2....
C&C are welcome

doubleblwh.jpg
This shot was never touch it was the camera that did all the work
the camera that i use is a canon Power shot S3 IS ....
crop.jpg
I use the gime on this one It prob. look better with out the film stripe
filmstrip.jpg
THEBIGONE.jpg
Katwhitea.jpg
katdubble.jpg
KatKamblackA.jpg
kamblackb.jpg
KK2.jpg

Comments

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Beautiful children. The guitar on #2 doesn't seem right. You've done a selective colorization of the body, but left out the neck. I wonder what flavor of music your son plays, noticing the capo on the fifth frett. Bluegrass, maybe? The montage, #4, is pretty cool, and I like the huge culvert pipe you used for a location shot. Nice job being unique. Your daughters seem very relaxed around the camera.
    Growing with Dgrin

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2007
    Great job getting out there and taking pics! Your family is very good looking!

I really liked the thought of the comp pics. My only major nit is the unconstrained proportions of some of the pics. Looks like they got skewed a bit. (easy fix- just hold down shift while sizing pics- at least in photoshop- I dunno about Gimp)

But... Great post! I enjoyed looking at your lovely family! It is always nice to have models to practice on! (You got some nice ones too!)
  • Sir HawkinsSir Hawkins Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    leaforte wrote:
    Beautiful children. The guitar on #2 doesn't seem right. You've done a selective colorization of the body, but left out the neck. I wonder what flavor of music your son plays, noticing the capo on the fifth frett. Bluegrass, maybe? The montage, #4, is pretty cool, and I like the huge culvert pipe you used for a location shot. Nice job being unique. Your daughters seem very relaxed around the camera.

#2 I did not do the selective coloring on it the camera dose it for you. So when you use the camera you pick a color and thats all thats going to show. sometimes it works out sometimes it dont... I guess thats why you shoot in color them do the selective coloring after.. We have more controle

as for what kind of music its mosty Christain here is he on you tube if you like to here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ERknI4vdwE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkfsTicDbcY
    heres alittle greenday mwink.gifhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyjTHg_XOvU

As for the PIPE thats just in our back yard I like it but sometimes ver scared to with the little ones
    Thanks
    edited October 31, 2007
    Great job getting out there and taking pics! Your family is very good looking!

I really liked the thought of the comp pics. My only major nit is the unconstrained proportions of some of the pics. Looks like they got skewed a bit. (easy fix- just hold down shift while sizing pics- at least in photoshop- I dunno about Gimp)

But... Great post! I enjoyed looking at your lovely family! It is always nice to have s to practice on! (You got some nice ones too!)

Thank you
    and as for the gimp still trying to find it out
    thank you again
    Sir hawkins
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    If you want to improve your portraiture, I would suggest you pick one photo and ask for critiques. There is just too much here to comment on.

Are you looking for ways to improve your collage technique, selective coloring, posing, lighting, etc...?

Beautiful children. Much of your portrait lighting looks quite flat. Some (like the first of your daughter) look underexposed.
  • CantfeelmyfingersCantfeelmyfingers Registered Users Posts: 531 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    I'm not a huge fan of the poses you've used. I do defniately understand that children can be a HUGE challenge (I take portraits of (mainly) children ALL day!), but perhaps picking up a updated book on different posing, or even just browse online. Something else I really noticed was in one of the photos of your litttle girl- the backround needs to be steamed\ironed. Good job on the make shift lighting though. Continue experimenting with that lighting! I do like the idea of the composites, perhaps not the ones that are so busy (with the foliage, etc.. but the white backround). I've gotta say you do have some mighty cute kids though!
    "Take my picture, Tonight I feel beautiful..."
    -Marilyn Monroe
  • leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2007
    #2 I did not do the selective coloring on it the camera dose it for you. So when you use the camera you pick a color and thats all thats going to show. sometimes it works out sometimes it dont... I guess thats why you shoot in color them do the selective coloring after.. We have more controle

as for what kind of music its mosty Christain here is he on you tube if you like to here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ERknI4vdwE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkfsTicDbcY
    heres alittle greenday mwink.gifhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyjTHg_XOvU

As for the PIPE thats just in our back yard I like it but sometimes ver scared to with the little ones
    Thanks
    Your son does good work on the guitar. The Greenday song was cool.
    Growing with Dgrin

edited November 1, 2007
    leaforte wrote:
    Your son does good work on the guitar. The Greenday song was cool.

Yes thats just some of what he dose thumb.gif
    he also can do
    Brown eye - van morson
    2 or 3 greenday songsmwink.gif
    some jonny Cash:D
    dose alittle bit with blues :ivar
    Kind of alittle bit of eveything thumb.gif

Also he says thank you
  • PoseidonPoseidon Registered Users Posts: 504 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    Hey those are pretty good! I think the software is causing some weird effects.... But that can be fixed when you upgrade to Adobe outright.
    Mike LaPorte
    Perfect Pix
    edited November 2, 2007
    Poseidon wrote:
    Hey those are pretty good! I think the software is causing some weird effects.... But that can be fixed when you upgrade to Adobe outright.
    I WOULD LOVE TOO BUT WITH MY TANK AND BILLS I CANT EVEN GET THE CHEAP VRSON ne_nau.gif