A couple of images

JetCrocodileJetCrocodile Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
edited November 6, 2007 in Holy Macro
Hello everyone!

Just want to share few macros I took during last year

D70s + 50mm 1.8 Nikon reversed.

137424287-S.jpg
This is the first macro I took with reversed lense. It was quite a hot day in Singapore, and ant was constantly moving (out of focus of course...).

Unlike the ant, dragonfly was quite calm but it was quite large to fit in shallow DOF of reversed lense (or my technique was not very good:wink).

137424228-S.jpg

And a few pictures from my garden (Yes some time we have summer here in Estonia too)

154446969-S.jpg

154448304-S.jpg

174329831-S.jpg

First I scared this garasshooper but few minutes later he returned on exactly the same leaf... .

C&C is always welcome.

Comments

• Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    Lovely series of shots- well done
    Brian v.
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2007
    Hello everyone!
    Just want to share few macros I took during last year
    D70s + 50mm 1.8 Nikon reversed.
    This is the first macro I took with reversed lense. It was quite a hot day in Singapore, and ant was constantly moving (out of focus of course...).
    Unlike the ant, dragonfly was quite calm but it was quite large to fit in shallow DOF of reversed lense (or my technique was not very goodmwink.gif).
    And a few pictures from my garden (Yes some time we have summer here in Estonia too)
    First I scared this garasshooper but few minutes later he returned on exactly the same leaf... .
    C&C is always welcome.

Hi Jet, I like that little Ant shot, don't be afraid to post larger images on the forum, 800x600 is a good size for viewing.

The reversed lens technique was one I was never successful with.
    You did great with this lot clap.gif

Hope you keep posting, thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • JetCrocodileJetCrocodile Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2007
    Hi Skipy!
    Skippy wrote:
    Hi Jet, I like that little Ant shot, don't be afraid to post larger images on the forum, 800x600 is a good size for viewing.

The reversed lens technique was one I was never successful with.
    You did great with this lot clap.gif

Hope you keep posting, thanks for sharing .... Skippy :D
    I have to admit that first two attempts to use reversed lense were quite a disaster. There were just a few images which helped me to figure out what was wrong. Anyway like any technique this requires a lot of practice . So I have to wait until next summer . (Winter is not far away).
  • patricia kaypatricia kay Registered Users Posts: 206 Major grins
    edited November 6, 2007
    Really good shots...thanks for sharing!!!

Patricia.........:D