Options

changeAlbumSettings ??

devbobodevbobo Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 4,339 SmugMug Employee
Don,

Can you please also have a look at the changeAlbumSettings method, it is also returning an unpopulated response and no updates are applied.

Thanks,

David
David Parry
SmugMug API Developer
My Photos

Comments

• Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 6, 2005
    And, also...
    devbobo wrote:
    Don,
    Can you please also have a look at the changeAlbumSettings method, it is also returning an unpopulated response and no updates are applied.
    Thanks,
    David
    .. there was a long outstanding issue with char ' in description, as well as \' and \" in caption (for creating albums). Was it looked at during the recent changes? Shall I give it another try?
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited March 7, 2005
    ???? Anyone ???
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    devbobo wrote:
    Don,

Thanks,

David

Hmm, I could have sworn I made it return a mildly useful error result if it couldn't validate the settings for the album.

Can you double-check?

Don
  • Options
    edited March 10, 2005
    Hey Don,

Thanks for the reply.

That part of my code is in pieces at the moment. I am the process of combining my create/modify album functionality.

I am trying to get uploading working at present, and don't see that I will get back into changeAlbumSettings until sometime next week.

But I will let you know if it's not working.

Thanks,

David
    onethumb wrote:
    Hmm, I could have sworn I made it return a mildly useful error result if it couldn't validate the settings for the album.

Can you double-check?

Don
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2005
    Khm..
    Don,
    can I have you look at ' and (' and ") problem? Those characters in caption and description of createAlbum lead to errors..

Muchas gracias, compadrethumb.gif
    Salud!1drink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    mattmattbobattmattmattbobatt Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited March 11, 2005
    devbobo wrote:
    Don,

Thanks,

David

I'm seeing the same thing.
  • Options
    onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited March 19, 2005
    I'm seeing the same thing.

Still?

Don
  • Options
    edited March 20, 2005
    onethumb wrote:
    Still?

Don
    Hi Don,

Sorry I have had pretty busy week, and spent a fair portion of the weekend studying for a test. Hopefully, I will have a chance this week.

David
    David Parry
    SmugMug API Developer
    My Photos
  • Options
    jefjef Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited March 21, 2005
    I'm trying to use changeAlbumSettings in a script to propagate a template change to all my existing albums. I'm not getting the empty strings others reported, but I do get back a faultCode: 14, "invalid album data: Title". I'm not specifying a title and the API description of changeAlbumSettings doesn't mention title, so this is a mystery.
  • Options
    jefjef Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited April 11, 2005
    I have updated my scripts to use the new API, with API key, new URLs, new method names, everything. Now I'm seeing what the other folks above reported, smugmug.albums.changeSettings returns a null response instead of the promised AlbumID, and the requested changes do not get applied.