Pre-Sunset in Norway

ulrikftulrikft Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
edited November 2, 2007 in Landscapes
I found an image I didn't pp or look much at in my first pp-round, but after thinking a bit about it, I decided to give it a go, this is the result!

Fevik_II_by_cainadamsson.jpg
-Ulrik

Canon EOS 30D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, Tokina 12-24 f/4. Sigma 1.4 TC, Feisol 3401 Tripod + Feisol ballhead, Metz 58 AF-1 C, ebay triggers.

Comments

• Marc MuenchMarc Muench Registered Users Posts: 1,420 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2007
    Great compositionthumb.gif dynamic, converging lineswings.gif
  • ulrikftulrikft Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    Great compositionthumb.gif dynamic, converging lineswings.gif

Thanks for the comment! It means extra much coming from you :ivar
    -Ulrik

Canon EOS 30D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, Tokina 12-24 f/4. Sigma 1.4 TC, Feisol 3401 Tripod + Feisol ballhead, Metz 58 AF-1 C, ebay triggers.
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    This one just came into my heart!...Norway is a very beautiful country. I often visit oslo ( the capitol ) alot of fun buildings going on there =).

Scandinavian nature is imo top notch.

I like the contrast in this pic. Alot of dark and black but still it´s easy to look at.

Job well done // Arvid
    edited November 2, 2007
    Arvan wrote:
    This one just came into my heart!...Norway is a very beautiful country. I often visit oslo ( the capitol ) alot of fun buildings going on there =).

Scandinavian nature is imo top notch.

I like the contrast in this pic. Alot of dark and black but still it´s easy to look at.

Job well done // Arvid
    Thank you! :D

I have to agree that Scandinavian nature is nice! If you visit Oslo a lot, I would recommend that you take the bus into marka! 20-25 minutes from Oslo city centre, you have wild nature with lakes, small hills and waterfalls :)

I would recommend everyone that have a week or so in Scandinavia to venture 400-500km north of Oslo too, you have Jotunheimen and Trollheimen.. amazing areas!

Some examples: (most are not my images though):

Image 1

Image 2

Blaahoe_by_cainadamsson.jpg

(the last one is mine:P )

(let me know if my norway commercials are over the top.. :P I just love the place :D )
    -Ulrik

• mANVILmANVIL Registered Users Posts: 29 Big grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    Great picture. It's common to see sunrise shots but I love that time of the day right before sunrise (twilight?) when the sun just barely starts to creep over the horizon. Thanks for documenting.
  • IARIAR Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 2, 2007
    Simple and beautiful. The reflection really adds a lot to this image. I also think Norway is a beautiful country, i'm learning Norwegian at the time (Hvordan har du det?mwink.gif ) , i wish there were more free audio lessons on the net. Maybe you know some internet links for this? I hope that i'll have a chance to visit your lovely country, perhaps even stay there. Sorry for the offtopic, once again, lovely picture clap.gif
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    Post modified to change images to links.

Keep 'em comin' thumb.gif
    edited November 2, 2007
    IAR wrote:
    Simple and beautiful. The reflection really adds a lot to this image. I also think Norway is a beautiful country, i'm learning Norwegian at the time (Hvordan har du det?mwink.gif ) , i wish there were more free audio lessons on the net. Maybe you know some internet links for this? I hope that i'll have a chance to visit your lovely country, perhaps even stay there. Sorry for the offtopic, once again, lovely picture clap.gif

Hei! Jeg har det bra, hvordan har du det? :) I don't know if there are any audio guides online, my bet there is, I can do a quick search at my uni and listen to any of my languagophile friends! I will ofcourse recommend staying here :D

And thank you for liking my image! I really appreciate it!
    -Ulrik

edited November 2, 2007
    schmoo wrote:
    Post modified to change images to links.

Keep 'em comin' thumb.gif

Thanks for the help! I'll keep them coming :D
    -Ulrik