Under construction

ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
edited November 3, 2007 in Landscapes
just got out of the drugstore when i ran into this construction site. Alot of ppl arround me and bad light but i got a few shots. I can say right now that i dont like the lights in the roof. But maby you see it different.

What do you think?

Comments

• ArchiTexasArchiTexas Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    Arvan wrote:
    just got out of the drugstore when i ran into this construction site. Alot of ppl arround me and bad light but i got a few shots. I can say right now that i dont like the lights in the roof. But maby you see it different.

What do you think?

I'm intrigued by this shot. I think the bright strips of the lights provide some contrast for the large dark areas in the image, so for that reason I don't mind the lights. I think there are a lot of items in the image competing for my attention though; this results in an image that is technically fine, but could be stronger through your choice of composition (in my opinion). It appears to me that you might have been able to prepare at least three seperate studies in that space: the stairs against their railing (baluster), the ladders against the wall, and the cable-management trays along the ceiling - especially where some of the cables are hanging out. I'd be curious to see one of these items seen through or framing another - for example: ladders shot through the railing, ladders framing the cable trays, etc. For me, it's an excellent space to bring your camera to: full of repetitive and angular elements!

ERF
    http://erfphotoart.com

Olympus E510 and Gigapan mount
  • ArvanArvan Registered Users Posts: 888 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    that´s just how i like to take pictures. But it was sealed of and as i said alot of people runing behind my back. To bad that place probably looks brand new now. Will think of the words you told me when i se something simmilair!

Thanx and have a nice weekend