Save subcatagory customization settings?

eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
edited November 2, 2007 in SmugMug Support
I have subcatagories for my kids with settings including password/hint and turning off smugislands, etc that I would like to be able to save as a 'set' and quickly apply to future galleries. The basic structure of it is:
Catagory: People
Subcatagory: Kids name
Gallery: Month Year

I am able to save customization settings for a catagory but have not been able to do so for a subcatagory. Is this possible?
Thanks,
E

Comments

• AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,013 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    eoren1 wrote:
    I have subcatagories for my kids with settings including password/hint and turning off smugislands, etc that I would like to be able to save as a 'set' and quickly apply to future galleries. The basic structure of it is:
    Catagory: People
    Subcatagory: Kids name
    Gallery: Month Year

I am able to save customization settings for a catagory but have not been able to do so for a subcatagory. Is this possible?
    Thanks,
    E
    You've confused me.:D The only settings you can save to a name is the
    gallery settings on the customize gallery page. Then any new gallery
    creation page you can pick this "quick setting".

Are you referring to the CSS that changes a category page and need to
    also change a sub-cat page?
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited November 2, 2007
    Sorry to confuse you Allen.
    I'm trying to save my gallery customizations. I have tried to pull down the menu at the top of the customization screen and selected "save settings below as". I then type in a description and click the save button immediately to the right. I am returned to the gallergy but, when returning to the customization area, those settings have not been saved.
    I currently have the following 'quick pick' customizations:
    smugmug default
    People
    Places

Must have done those when I was playing around a bit and therefore thought that it was tied to a catagory and a missing/broken option when in a subcatagory gallery. Is there a limit to the number of saved customizations? If so, can I delete the ones I made?
    Thanks and hope this is more clear.
    E