Options

Some street stuff

rundadarrundadar Registered Users Posts: 169 Major grins
edited November 4, 2007 in Street and Documentary
Well, as usual, I am not sure where to post what, so I posted non-people stuff in Field and Street and people stuff here. Whatever :)

216427722-L.jpg

216430692-L.jpg

216430202-L.jpg

216431520-L.jpg

216429596-L.jpg

216428997-L.jpg

216425478-L.jpg

216422754-L.jpg

216426523-L.jpg
http://rundadar.smugmug.com

"...turtles are great speed enthusiasts, which is natural"

J.Cortazar

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 3, 2007
    excellent!-

love 'em!-

#5-

'samurai fiddler'-

now, on to your other post-
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2007
    gefillmore wrote:

#5- 'samurai fiddler'-

Laughing.gif. Can I use this title? (I seriously would like to!)

J.Cortazar

• Options
    FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    These take my breath away. I love the care with which you frame your shots so that the background compliments instead of fighting with the subject(s). The photographs have a totally finished quality to them. The pp treatment of each one is just perfect. IMHO, this is outstanding work.- street photography raised to the level of art. Love gf's proposed title for #5, too.

Virginia

Email
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 3, 2007
    rundadar wrote:
    Laughing.gif. Can I use this title? (I seriously would like to!)

hah!-

unless you see my blood on it, it's all yours!-

thanks!-
  • Options
    LiquidOpsLiquidOps Registered Users Posts: 835 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    rundadar wrote:

216430202-L.jpg

I think this one is perfect. At first glance, i thought "what a shame... the guy is about to run out of the frame", but then looking closer, this image tells a story. The guy is running away from the scary things behind the dumpster.

I LOVE IT! clap.gif

Steven
    Wandering Through Life Photography
    MM Portfolio

Canon 30D | Canon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 | Canon Speedlite 580ex
  • Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    #1 - 3 I'm distracted by the cut-off feet.
    #4 - This one just doesn't do much for me....doesn't even seem like it's one of your images which are generally so interesting!
    #5 - Love this one!
    #8 - Another favorite....I just like the scene and your processing in this one.

Great black and white conversions - all your processing is super! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited November 3, 2007
    re: shot #4 etc.
    saurora wrote:
    #1 - 3 I'm distracted by the cut-off feet.
    #4 - This one just doesn't do much for me....doesn't even seem like it's one of your images which are generally so interesting!
    #5 - Love this one!
    #8 - Another favorite....I just like the scene and your processing in this one.

Great black and white conversions - all your processing is super! thumb.gif

re: #1-3 cut off feet

true, ture :) no argument on my side here - though personally I very rarely care.

#4 well, this one was kept for the almost invisible person on the very (very!) far right. As I see it - the role of this fellow is - be there and say peek-a-boo, when (and if) the viewer actually notices you :)

In other words - it's a parody of sort - the shot is a complete clliche (and yes, it doesn't look like an interesting shot)... and then there's this totally unnecessary fellow there - the intention was that it would make the whole shot look somewhat ridiculous... whether it works or not, I'll have to see :)

Comments much appreciated, as usual!

J.Cortazar

• Options
    saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    rundadar wrote:
    #4 well, this one was kept for the almost invisible person on the very (very!) far right. As I see it - the role of this fellow is - be there and say peek-a-boo, when (and if) the viewer actually notices you :)

In other words - it's a parody of sort - the shot is a complete clliche (and yes, it doesn't look like an interesting shot)... and then there's this totally unnecessary fellow there - the intention was that it would make the whole shot look somewhat ridiculous... whether it works or not, I'll have to see :)

Comments much appreciated, as usual!

Ah,...ok. I did notice the 'almost invisible' person on the right of the frame and wondered about it, but the subject is just too small and far away to tell what I am seeing, which I guess made me lose interest quickly. My eyesight isn't what it use to be! :D
  • Options
    1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    saurora wrote:
    Ah,...ok. I did notice the 'almost invisible' person on the right of the frame and wondered about it, but the subject is just too small and far away to tell what I am seeing, which I guess made me lose interest quickly. My eyesight isn't what it use to be! :D
    I couldn't pick that up either.
    But, I love the work -- thanks again for posting it!!

If i counted right, half of these have selective color remaining in your B&W conversions -- is this a new trend, or just something you like to mix in now and then?
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com
  • Options
    edited November 4, 2007
    re: - selective color
    1pocket wrote:
    I couldn't pick that up either.
    But, I love the work -- thanks again for posting it!!

If i counted right, half of these have selective color remaining in your B&W conversions -- is this a new trend, or just something you like to mix in now and then?

Well, it's not really 'selective color', just extreme desaturation. I use it when it feels right to me - completely subjective and 'by feel'. I am trying hard to battle any urge to stick to some 'style'... so I'd be a bit worried if I find myself in the midst of some self-imposed 'trend' :))

J.Cortazar

• Options
    1pocket1pocket Registered Users Posts: 298 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    rundadar wrote:
    Well, it's not really 'selective color', just extreme desaturation. I use it when it feels right to me - completely subjective and 'by feel'. I am trying hard to battle any urge to stick to some 'style'... so I'd be a bit worried if I find myself in the midst of some self-imposed 'trend' :))
    Okay, selective desaturation :)

That's interesting that you would try hard to avoid a personal style. To a certain extent I thought we recognized and developed our strong feelings toward certain photographers because we identify some kinship with their 'style'... and I get the impression that many students of photography (like me) are pointedly seeking a personal style. Now as to whether one can go out and look for a style, or it instead has to come find you, and naturally settle on you over time -- that's another question!

Then again, style certainly doesn't have to be singular. Anyway, I like your style (s) :D
    My humble gallery...
    www.steveboothphotography.com

Pool/Billiards specific...
    www.poolinaction.com