at the barbershop2-

SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
edited November 4, 2007 in People
216753229-L.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    very cool shot loved the pp
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    Great George!!! Love this PP!! thumb.gif
  • christulkchristulk Registered Users Posts: 453 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2007
    Love it! Great work. I really like the PP. It has a great feel. I always like looking at your work, this being my favorite for now.
    C&C always welcomed.

Cheers

Chris

http://christulk.smugmug.com

'alot' is two words "a_______lot":D
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 3, 2007
    awais, susan and chris-

thank you very much!-
  • Mrs FMrs F Registered Users Posts: 164 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    I really like this one. The colors, post production and composition make this a really interesting image. :D

Kari
    C and C always welcome.
  • frgfrg Registered Users Posts: 583 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    great work, your stuff is really uniqueclap.gif
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    Though I have to admit I haven't been a big fan of the noise-and-sharpen technique, I have to say it really works for this shot and the cafe shot you posted earlier. I absolutely love the feeling it lends these atmospheric pieces. Someone said before it felt "painterly," and I agree. The treatment here really evokes a mood, and I just love looking at this. clap.gif

I particularly love how the movement of the two men in the background helps cement the immobility of the guy standing center even more. Just marvelous. thumb.gif

Thank you for sharing.
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2007
    Great prices for a hair cut and beard trim. Haven't seen anything like that around here in years.

I agree with the positive comments above. You are producing a really interesting series of life in your town. A show in your future, perhaps? Maybe at the barbershop? Not a good idea, I guess, given that there is almost no wall space available. But I'll bet there is someplace in town that would like to show them. The public library, perhaps?

Do you share these shots with the subjects? What do they think of them. They (the photographs) are really wonderful.

Virginia

Email
  • SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited November 4, 2007
    gina, francis, kari and kerry-

thank you very much!-